• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If Starters Wern't Water, Fire, and Grass..

Tictalk

Anouki
What types would you want the starters to be if they couldn't be fire water or grass? The only rule is that they still have to have to Be good against one and bad against the other.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like Darknut_Hunter, I pick Dark, Psychic and Fighting. While I don't have any particular Pokemon I like in any of those groups, I do like the moves that a few Pokemon in those types have!

NintyRift

Here and There
I want Dark/Psychic and Fighting, mostly because back in the days before D/P they actually said the types would be Dark/Psychic and Fighting.... Just wishful thinking, come on Gamefreak break the formula!!

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I would like to see electric, flying and ground. Ye ye I know flying isn't super effective against ground, but they have a great advantage at least.

A Dark/Psychic/Fighting trio would put Psychic at an extreme disadvantage since Dark types are actually immune to Psychic attacks, not resistent.

Dark, Psychic and Fighting and Rock, Flying and Fighting are pretty much the only combinations other than fire, water and grass where one Type is strong against one and weak against the other.

having said that Rock, Ice and Ground is a good type Matchup.

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
@surferguy7 - I would like to reference you the 3rd gen set. Remember Swampert? It was at a great disadvantage because of his water/ground mix. Same in 1st gen. Venasaur had a super disadvantage to Charizard because Charizard is Fire/Flying. It's something that's in the Pokémon games. Facing tougher adversity makes the games more fun. I wouldn't mind. Besides, that's what building a team is for.

water/electric/ground sounds okay. So does Rock/Ice/Ground

New one. Flying/Fighting/Rock could work. So could Grass/Rock/Flying. Or Grass/Ground/Poison.

I could think of tons of these :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom