• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If Sailing returns...

Mehplep

Simply awesome
I was just thinking about this yesterday, Zelda and sailing... and then I just realized one thing. Even though I don't like the Wii's motion controls, sailing would be a heck of a lot fun with the Wiimote.

Think about it. If anyone have sailed here, I think you get my general idea already. Trimming the sails with the nunchuck, maybe use the C to knot the sheet, use the Wiimote as the tiller... even though your couch isn't the most authentic boat, it would for sure capture the basics of sailing. It would aquire some knowledge in sailing to travel and it would therefore be somewhat harder than normal, but difficulty is something the series have lacked for the last decade really. It would also make traveling a lot more interessting rather than just change the wind, set up the sail and go take some lunch. But if the motion controlls were made right, and the Great Sea became more of an archipelago rather than a systematic set of island, I think sailing would be a positive factor actually.

C

Chu

islands

I loved finding hidden islands in WW and a litttle bit in Phantom hourglass. Sail is just kind of fun to explore

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I agree with Chu. Sailing was the most fun aspect of the game for me. Sailing around, while that music played, looking for islands... That was quite enjoyable. I'd love to see that again in a future game, as long as it's not PH style.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
I agree with Chu. Sailing was the most fun aspect of the game for me. Sailing around, while that music played, looking for islands... That was quite enjoyable. I'd love to see that again in a future game, as long as it's not PH style.
But the thing missing there is the actual fun with the actual sailing. Ehm, that sounds strange... but what you like is the exploration. It's pretty much exactly in the first two zeldas, but on a boat instead. Just that outside the boat, you can do loads of other stuff, while in WW, you do absolutley nothing. Just need to change the wind sometimes... which leads me to the idea, that I posted like three posts earlier, to make the sailing alot more like actual sailing, which would not only make the fun of pure exploration, but also with some sailing. Double the fun, yay for everyone!

www.zeldainmypocket.com
I'd like to see sailing become a bit more difficult, and not quite as boring. Maybe if the distance was shortened. Like if the land drained a lot, so then the islands would be a lot larger.

Perhaps a boarding method would be neat. Like if you had Tetra and her men with you while on the ship, and you'd all get off when boarding an enemy ship and fight. Or your own ship might get boarded, also. It sounds pretty neat to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom