• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If Sailing returns...

Claire

The Geekette
If sailing returns, I want the following:

A. A larger ocean
I love, love, love having a wider range to explore. Especially the massive ocean within Wind Waker (compared to Phantom Hourglass, of course). This would of course, only be more enjoyable with the following...

B. An increased amount of islands
If there were more islands, even simple minor ones with secret hidden treasures or mini-games, it would be incredibly fun while exploring the seas.

C. A larger variety of islands
I'd be pleased to see islands with more activities, various races, and new challenges and methods learned at each island. An island with extreme differences in terrain (i.e. canyons, forests, tundra, etc) like we have seen before. I'd also like to see an underwater 'island', or rather undersea cavern where Link could swim into and explore.

I want there to be more adventure, more challenges, and overall, a longer game. With sailing and these additions to sailing, I am sure it would give all three of those wants.

If sailing returns, I would simply want it to be a combination of what we have in WW, and what we have in PH. Wind Waker's sailing was (imo) the better sailing of the two games. But what made the sailing in PH so awesome was being able to actually go into the ship and look around, and also being able to upgrade your ship.

I think, like many others, there should be more ocean area, as well as more things to do on the ocean, so that the whole sailing thing is something that you do more of.

But mainly I would like to see WW type sailing, with boat upgrades like in PH. You could say get a faster boat, an actual boat with a hull rather than a small sailboat (which you would probably start out with), and you could design your ship, stuff like that I think would be great. It would also be kool to be able to auto pilot the ship once you got a big enough one, then be able to walk in and out/around the ship as it sailed. This would mean that you could like, shoot arrows at sea enemies, throw bombs, do basically whatever you needed to do right from your ship rather than being confined to a few boat tools like in WW/PH.

i think there should be a whole dungeon using the ship.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. However, the Tower of the Gods did use the ship in Wind Waker for different things in order to progress. Link alone couldn't have beaten the dungeon the way it was set up. So I think we partly have experienced using the ship for a dungeon. But yes, it would be kool to see possibly an entire dungeon using the ship and its various (new) abilities.

I really enjoyed sailing, it was a favourite of mine, however, I wasn't too big a fan of the whole Pirate thing.

I don't mind there being pirates and having them occasionally attack you if you drift too close...But I really would care for being attacked and being shipwrecked and all. I would rather just spend hours sailing.

If it could fit in well enough into the game, I'd definitely like to see sailing in the future.

Sailing retuning would be good. But I'd like ot see it as link sailing, not someone else sailing for him like with linebeck. And sea monsters or some mutated humanoid water thing...Zombie zoras! ooh, that has a nice ring to it....zombie zoras zombie zoras!
But weather conditions at sea is sometihng I would like to see.

Y

yugispoony

I loved every aspect of Wind Waker, so subsiquently I would like Nintedo, in the next zelda game, to bring back the sailing, also pirate raiding would be cool.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
if sailing returns I want it to be a little like PH and a little like WW cause I dont wanna stop to shoot my cannon and I want less enemies at sea

if sailing returns I want it to be a little like PH and a little like WW cause I dont wanna stop to shoot my cannon and I want less enemies at sea

Same here.
Except I don't think that would happen, unless the next sailing Zelda game comes for the Wii where you have to point and shoot the enemy.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Same here.
Except I don't think that would happen, unless the next sailing Zelda game comes for the Wii where you have to point and shoot the enemy.
pointing and shooting sounds intresting^^ yeah another game for the Wii with sailing would be pretty cool it would give us a whole new experience to sailing there could even be bosses at see that's something I'd like to see temple bosses like if the temple shattered to pieces and you landed in your boat then the boss fkew right out of the temple with you

L

Liam

yeah it would be great to have sailing return, but like bluelink said it would be good to have to avoid storms and such. also, Link should be sailing instead of Linebeck, also like Bluelink said. and, unlike PH, there shouldn't just islands, there should be continents like Holodrum, Hyrule and Labrynna, and some classic isands like Molida island, Bannan island and Mercay island. and, the boat should be a classic medieval looking sailing boat, not a steamship,no cannon either, a catapult maybe, or a classic cannon not one that just sticks out of the deck and goes back in whaen your not using it. and no alternate gameplay on the boat either, like in PH. you should jut play as Link ON the boat, not as the boat lie in PH. smaller too. and no customizing ship parts, just an upgrade that can be bought which will be the golden ship.

The sailing actually helped alot during the game than just the boring walk to places. I do agree with Hero_of_time "there should be Hyrule and Labrynna, and some classic isands like Molida island, Bannan island and Mercay island". Also the zoea zombies does have a nice ring to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom