• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Emblem If Nintendo/IntSys decided to localize the other JP-exclusive FE games, would you play them?

Threads relating to the Fire Emblem series.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Other than the limited release of Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, news has been nonexistent about whether or not the other unlocalized FE games will ever see the light of day in the West in any official way. Games like Mystery of the Emblem and Genealogy of the Holy War are still some of the most popular in the series in Japan, so the fact that Western fans have no official way to experience them is a shame.

That said, if they ever did make their way over as localized ports and such, would you play them? Fan translations have existed for a long while now, so it's not like there are no means at all to try the games, but would the release of official versions influence you at all to give the older titles a go?

I'd definitely be interested, especially in Genealogy, if they decided to localize them. I'm still a little bummed by how they chose to handle the Shadow Dragon release, but the digital copy was reasonably priced during the availability period at least... so even if I don't get to them for awhile, they'd definitely be something I'd add to my library if they distributed them.

Now about those scalped collectors editions...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Probably not. Considering how little mileage I got out of more classic FE experiences like Awakening when compared to 3Houses, I doubt I would get much out of them. I really need those free roam breaks to stomach that much grid based turn based combat. The older games don't have that, so I feel like I wouldn't enjoy playing them, even if the stories are good.

Kirino

Tatakae
I’ve already played them through emulating and fan translations patches, with high-quality ones now existing for all of them. That said, I wouldn’t mind purchasing and replaying them, though I’m moreso looking forward to remakes at this point.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Absolutely. I try to support the official releases of video games I play, so I have been quite limited in what Fire Emblem games I could play. Most of the games are either Japanese exclusive or insanely expensive so I hope Nintendo just rereleases the whole series.

I would be very interested in playing them. I absolutely loved Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia, and I've heard great things about the two SNES games, plus FE6 and 7 are connected, so it always felt weird that we got one and not the other. Same with 1 being rereleased on Switch and its remake, Shadow Dragon, being released internationally but not 3's remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom