• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS If MM Were to Add Any New Masks, What Would You Want to See?

Djinn

and Tonic
Basically if Nintendo were to make a few additional masks for the remake which ones would you want to see and why? What other abilities would you want to add to them or novelties that can lead to new and fun situations among the people of Termina?

I'm a big fan of the ones that grant extra abilities over new transformations like the bunny hood so I would want to see something more like that. I wanted something like a monkey mask that gives Link much better ability to climb walls, even if there are no vines on it. Just being able to spiderman up any wall to get to secret areas or hidden treasures more easily while wearing the mask.

Having all the powers of this guy

MM_Monkey.png

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I'd love a new transformation mask more then anything, but I don't know in what one should transform in the MM universe. There are other races in the Zelda lore offcourse, but they don't appear in MM. Maybe a Time Mask, which gives the ability to reverse, stop and speed up time? Reversing would give you the possibility to quickly restore mistakes (Prince of Persia style :P), stop would make the world around Link stop, except himself (easy killing for the noobies) and speeding up speaks for itself. Would be a very OP mask though.

Fig

The Altruist
Call me a hard head, I just don't believe there might be any new masks in MM3D since it is a remake. While Aonuma did say that he will be adding features to the remake, he also did say he wants to make it enjoyable for the fans that have played Majora's Mask back on the Nintendo 64. I wouldn't be surprised if the cult fans of game get enraged that a new mask was made because it sort detracts the idea of a remake or whatever complaints they want to make. I'm not saying I'm against the idea of new masks, however the likelihood of a new mask being introduced is slim.

I'd love a new transformation mask more then anything, but I don't know in what one should transform in the MM universe. There are other races in the Zelda lore offcourse, but they don't appear in MM. Maybe a Time Mask, which gives the ability to reverse, stop and speed up time? Reversing would give you the possibility to quickly restore mistakes (Prince of Persia style :P), stop would make the world around Link stop, except himself (easy killing for the noobies) and speeding up speaks for itself. Would be a very OP mask though.

While it isn't the way you worded it, you can still affect time using the Ocarina of Time within the game. It has it's limits sure, but it would redundant to obtain a mask that affects time when you already had that in the form of the ocarina.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Personally I don't want any new masks. However I did always want the ability to combine 2 masks, or rather wear them at the same time, simply because Bunny Hood + Stone Mask. Or if I'm in a dungeon, Bunny Hood + Fairy Mask. Or just Bunny Hood + everything, really.

ich Will

Not very nearfetch'd
A mask made from Termina's moon that also resembles it. Perhaps it would be a mask of "doom" that always scares the crap out of the person you use it on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom