• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If Link had a canine companion?

Pretty self explanatory

We've seen Link have fairies, a boat, an imp and even the princess's spirit travel with him, but what about something more mundane yet also more likely to get belly rubs?

I admit, this is because I myself like dogs and want Link to have one travel with him across Hyrule, acting as his closest companion. It would warn him if a monster is nearby, find important items and guide him to any hidden items and characters.

Anyone else want to see Link have a dog?

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Good thread.

I could see Link having a dog like Lassie, which would still fit the docile companion archetype we're used to seeing.

Having a German shepherd, Siberian husky, Wolfdog would feel out of place.

Lassie_1994_movie_poster.jpg

In before Deus and his Pug fetish.

c6cba1ecf84d056d929037a0bd866765--angry-elf-pugs-dressed-up.jpg

Night Owl

~Momentai
Well, If BotWs wolf link has taught me anything, it's that dogs like to run head firat into danger and get themselves killed. "Is that a guardian up a head?" "Noooo don't chase after i- *booom* *tears of sorrow for that brave idiot wolf link*"

What link needs is a good chain-chomp companion, like Bow-wow, someone invulnerable who will wreck havoc on his enemies.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
So like Fable games..there was dog companion in that but i got confused to if i was sending it to play or dig a thing ip

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Breath of the Wild had this, and while I have the Wolf Link amiibo (It is my only amiibo and I have it because it came with my copy of TPHD), I never used it.

However, this is a good idea for some kind of expanded story, such as his dog being dreadfully sick, or poisoned after winning a competition or something, and him and Link would need to go off on an adventure to find the antidote and may or may not get mixed up with Ganon or somebody idk...

ANyways, it is a great ideea

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom