• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If I Were In the Zelda Universe

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Okay so who would you be in the Zelda universe? Not like "Oh I would be Saria cause I'm cool." Or "I would be Midna cause I'm sassy." No. The point is to put you in the universe.

Ex: "If I were in Zelda universe, I would an assistant at Romani's Ranch. My name would be Chill. My job would be to mow the field, watch the cows, the security of the Ranch, Cremia and Romani. I would have a house right next to Cremia's. I would've been the one to teach Link how to fight 'them' instead of Romani." (That's Mine)

or

"If I were in Zelda universe, I would be one of the top Zora fighters of TP. My name would be Swift and I would always be at Ralis's right hand side. Link would've gotten the Zora Tunic through me and I would have taught him how to use it."

Use you're imagination and go crazy.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
As for realism - the real me... I could see myself working at Lon Lon Ranch pretty easily, or Ordon Ranch. It's what I do right now for part time work and seems to be what I'm fairly good at -- I get panicky and flustered working with people but taking care of/cleaning up after animals is no problem and even gives me a sense of peace. Realism would say I'd probably be doing the same thing in Hyrule as I'm doing now, but with the added bonus that the Lons or Ordon Village would actually want me to live on the ranch/in their community and they'd take care of me well because both places seem like kind little communities. I could even see a big market in Ordon Village for some of the unusual art that I do. (I like to clean up and paint the bones of wildlife and livestock that I find). If you notice the signs on people's houses in Ordon Village, they're all made from goat horns - I could see myself crafting the signs, and other things out of the leftovers of animals that get eaten or die at the ranch.

More fancifully, I imagine myself in any random Zelda game being a hermit in the hills (like the old men in caves in LoZ). I would possess a sword made from the bones of a slain dragon that is able to put to rest the undead and is needed to slay the boss of a particular dungeon. Link would have to do some special task for me in order to acquire it, and that only after having been told "GOING AWAY!" angrily by me on our first meeting. I think a game NPC like that would be pretty cool.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I'd be the female equivalent of Shad. This is semi-realistic since I do work in education and semi-fanciful since I don't have the means to devote my life to research. My specialty would be ancient literature, with a side of arithmancy. I'd help Link progress in the game by interpreting the numbers he found for me on a fetch-quest.

A little more down to earth, I'd be a librarian on windfall island. If Link solves the riddle I give him it will lead him to certain book that contains a treasure map. In the second quest I will have also written a "fantasy" novel about an underwater kingdom that turns out to be a surprisingly popular work of "fiction." (Nope, my character will not know the truth and actually think she invented it. It's an inside-joke for those who play the second quest.)

(ETA: Reading another post, it occurred to me that Shadsie's name also has Shad in it, so I know she's a fan too. I can overlook the obvious.)

Last edited:
I actually imagine myself as a sort of traveling merchant. In a fantastical world like that, it just seems like something I'd do because I'd enjoy it and be good at it. Think like the Goron Merchants from TWW or the Happy Mask Salesman.

I'd probably travel around seeing new places and collecting odd and valuable trinkets to sell, opening up shop various places. Perfect balance between salesman and adventurer. :)

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
I think I would be an adventurer who didnt really fight but looked at everything and I would draw and write about everything but I might carry a sword just in case :)

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
i would be like agitha and shad combined. i would be this girl you see randomly in hyrule field, with a wooded sword and shield and a book, looking for bugs and other stuff like that (kind of like agitha when you see her in the field, only more tomboy-ish) when you talk to me i will be like shad, spouting out random information about the nature of hyrule, if you give me some money i will give you hints about finding some animals ('so, i heard the great spined lizard can be found in dry sandy regions, too bad theres nowhere like that around here...' and you would check the Gerudo Desert or whatever to find it). after a while ( after you have seen me in enough different places and talked to me my speech when i let you see the book will be 'okay, so the hylian dust moth can be found.... hey, its you again, what, are you stalking me or something?, oh your interested in wildlife too? take a look at this, im trying to get pictographs of every rare animal in Hyrule, can you help me? maybe i'll give you a reward, hehe...') i will show you my book of wildlife and ask you to gather stuff bla bla bla (again a bit like agitha) this will be a sidequest to gather pictographs of every rare animal (there would be about 20-30 in total and only one of each kind, so it would be a long sidequest) of course there would be a place i would be found all the time, like in a den outside castle town or whatever so you could claim your rewards for the pictographs.

Starchain1

A star
Well if i was in the zelda universe i think i would be a mask collector i mean not as crazy as the other one in the majora's mask of coarse imagine all the power i could have with all the mask. Anyways i think my name would remain Star and i would follow Link after he defeats a boss I would change the bosses powers and turn it into a mask.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Wow, I really like February Eve's idea... heh if you were in the game you'd be my favourite character XD

Anyway, as for me... if I were part of the Zelda Universe, I'd probably be an assistant to Doc Bandam in the Potion Shop on Windfall Island (as in real life, I adore chemistry). I'd help him around the shop, preparing equiptment and have the ingredients on hand, ready for him to work his "magic" (he does think of himself as an artist).

I'd also help him make deliveries to people around the island, as well as taking deliveries to the postbox, and picking up any ingredients he'd ordered from there or payments that had been sent. And I know for sure I'd really look forward to the trips to Pawprint Island to study the Chuchus and collect fresh jelly to use in experiments... that would be so exciting! But knowing me, he'd probably get mad at me sometimes for trying little experiments of my own when his back was turned. Ah well!

I can't see myself being much help to Link though... maybe I'd sneak him a potion under the counter for free once in a while... I don't know XD

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(ETA: Reading another post, it occurred to me that Shadsie's name also has Shad in it, so I know she's a fan too. I can overlook the obvious.)

While I do like Shad a lot, that's not actually where my name comes form. In fact, when I first played TP and met him for the first time, my jaw dropped - I was all "Huh!?" (Especially since I'd named the Link "Shadsie" so Shadsie was meeting Shad, *Laughs* ).

Now, I've been using "Shadsie" for several years. Here is the evolution of my Interent handle:

10-11 years ago, I discovered online-ness and online fandom. I was into Pokemon at the time and discovered a fan fiction site where I was reading stories for Pokemon. I wanted to write my own and I needed a name. I looked to the floor at my adorable little gray cat, Shadow. "Shadowcat" was born. (Then, I was *not* aware that it's also the name of an X-Men character. *Wince.*)

After a while, I started calling myself "Lady Shadowcat" to try to avoid confusion with said character and also because I'd seen quite a few others online using "Shadowcat."

Friends nicknamed me "Shades," "Shads," and "Shadsie."

To avoid the pretentiousness of "Lady Shadowcat," and since it was what most people I knew were calling me anyway, I just started calling myself "Shadsie."

Then I discovered Twilight Princess, but have decided to keep my name.

I've been re-watching downloaded episodes of a show from my childhood: "Tiny Toon Adventures." The two rabbit characters, Buster and Babs Bunny always introduce themselves as "Buster and Babs Bunny! No Relation!"

I'm sort of like that with Shad, though I don't think he's a bad character to have a relation to. *Grin.*

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
i bet NO-ONE has read mine, oh the horror of a rather large post -_-

Actually I read yours and it was my favorite one. Bringing back the idea the pictograph. Loved it. I honestly thought, now that should have been a character in TP. And I know how you feel about large post. I don't always read, but I can sure enough type them.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
My name would be Lael (pronounced "lay-el", it's my middle name in real life). I would live in Castle Town and work in an armory shop, designing and coming up with concepts for swords, shields, tunics and other useful battle items in my spare time. When Link would require a special weapon or tunic he would have to circumvent the burly, unfriendly shop owner and the front counter and come talk to me at my drafting table in the back. Refreshed to see someone other than Hylian knights coming into the shop, I would agree to craft the item he needs if he brings me the materials I need to make them (certain kinds of stone, metal, leather, fabric). He could obtain these in different ways, like through trading sequences, purchases from other places, and finding them in the wilderness.

As far as personality wise... I feel like I would be somewhat like Ashei; nice but brash. With plenty of my own friendly sarcasm thrown in XD

Last edited:

SheikahSoul

Decadence
Even If this thread is rather old, I found it too interesting to ignore. So here I go:

Realistic real-life thought:

I probably would be homeless, a wanderer hoping for fortune in life. I would probably be wearing a robe, hiding myself from the would and singing my soul calm. I also perhaps would be a thief in the name of a survive and get food. But If I know the world of Hyrule right, perhaps there might be someone to help and bring me into a village with people I could hopefully trust and feel at home with. But one thing is sure, I'd be walking the path os shadows and live and love the mystery like a Sheikah.

Imagination:

I would not be royal of course. But I would be a friend of Princess Zelda perhaps. Wether I lived iin the castle town or got a place to live in the castle, it doesn't matter to me. But to learn the arts of sword and bow and be a good friend of the princess would be something I could think about. And If possible, I of course would love to encounter both the hero and the King of Evil and travel in an adventure. I'd love to be a Sheikah and be able to know how to dfenbd myself and others as well. But I also can't decide for I have so many different imaginations of this matter.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I would be Princess Zelda's lady in waiting or duchess cousin. We would hang out together a lot in Hyrule Castle, or she would come visit me where I rule. I am maybe on one of the 7 maidens! I have a crush on Link and Zelda and I often fight over him. <3

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
I would be a Hylian named Zeena, and i would be the doctor's (from TP) nurse. This is realistic because I am currently taking nursing classes and plan to be one one day:). If Link (or anyone else) got wounded, I would be there to help heal them. In my spare time, I would learn to fence so I could defend myself. I would live in a house on the west side of Castle town, near the doctor's office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom