• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If I Love the Zelda Series, What Other Video Games Would You Recommend?

I highly recommend Metroid since it is Sci-Fi version of Zelda. I also recommend Resident Evil and Silent Hill since those games have item collecting, puzzles and exploration all with a touch of horror. StarTropics for the NES is a good one. SNES Action RPGs like Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Secrete of Mana, Secrete of Evermore and Lufia II are also good.If you liked Zelda II, then you should check out Faxenadu( I probably spelled it wrong) for the NES. There are others, but I'll stop here.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
A game you might like is Bastion (for PC and XBLA). It's an action RPG. It doesn't have huge similarities to Zelda (after all, it's the most unique game I've ever played), but I can't imagine a Zelda fan not liking loving it.

I personally like Donkey Kong 64 and the Banjo-Kazooie series. They offer an incredible amount of exploration and have a few puzzles (though not quite the kind of puzzles found in Zelda). I've also enjoyed Rayman 2: The Great Escape. Luigi's Mansion has a lot of puzzles similar to Zelda. Many people have recommended to me the Elder Scrolls series after learning that I loved Zelda, but I can't offer my own opinion on them since I've never played them (I don't own a PS3 or an XBox 360). The Digipen Institute of Technology (an excellent game design school) has free downloads for some of their students games, many of which are really good, but you'll need a pretty fast PC to play them (link here: https://www.digipen.edu/gallery/games/).

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Portal
Team Ico Games
Pikmin
MineCraft
Assasins Creed
GTA (stretch i know but it is kind of an exploration game!)
Pokemon
If your a complitionsist like me sonic or mario has a lot of replayability for that reason

iMadMax

Zelda Masta
if you like Zelda you would probably like the Metroid Prime Trilogy. People consider it as a 1st person shooter but its really a 1st person action game. I gotta say i just beat the Trilogy and it was one of my best experience in gaming. Its challenging and so fun. Has all the core aspects of a Zelda-like game: Exploration, puzzles and combat

G

GandalfDaGreat

I would definitely recommend the game "Bastion" by Supergiant Games. It is an awesome action/RPG with an amazing storyline, and a beautiful art style. I have really enjoyed it. Recently, I have also been playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates for the NDS. This is also an action/RPG which I prefer over the instanced random battles in other Final Fantasy games.

i played okami and it was an excellent game. some say darksiders, but i'm not too sure. i never played it. any other recommendations that you guys think i might like?

I tried out OkamiDen for the NDS, but I found it far too easy. I'm not sure if the original Okami was like this, but the first hour at least is mostly boring cutscenes, and even when you can control Chibi, there isn't much to do. Mostly you just hold the d-pad in one direction and he'll follow the path. I'd like to try Okami though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom