• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If I Love the Zelda Series, What Other Video Games Would You Recommend?

i played okami and it was an excellent game. some say darksiders, but i'm not too sure. i never played it. any other recommendations that you guys think i might like?

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
If your into action adventure mixed with puzzles, I would definetly recommend Portal. Great game with an amazing plot and a great array of challenging puzzles.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
If you like Zelda but not Darksiders, then try out the MYST series. It's fairly old, for PC. It focuses on exploration, story, and puzzles, with no combat. Aonuma draws inspiration from this series.

I highly recommend both of the games for the PS2 made by Team Ico. Their debut title, Ico, has a heavy focus on puzzle solving that somewhat resembles that of the Zelda series. Their second title (and my personal favorite game of all time), Shadow of the Colossus, is centered around exploration and combat. Both games are masterpieces (my opinion of course) and I think a Zelda fan would feel right at home with either title.

EDIT: S'more great series that are a little different than Zelda but are nonetheless amazing are Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Ninja Gaiden. The last one is a bit of a reach, but I was just remembering how cool those games are while I was listing stuff.

Last edited:

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
If you are a fan of Puzzles, adventure and role playing I would recommend many of the PS2 era RPGs - Kingdom Hearts, Dark Cloud, Final Fantasy series, Shadow of The Colossus and more. I would also recommend the Elder Scrolls series, Dragon Age, Fable, Tales series and Fire Emblem.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I don't really know about "Zelda-like" games, but you should definitely play the Sly Cooper series for PS2, the fourth game is also on it's way on the PS3

Final Fantasy
Darksiders
Fable
Dragon Age

My brother plays all of those games and raves about them constantly, and he loves Zelda too.
Only video games i've ever played are Zelda and Mario lol, i'm a little close minded.

Those sound cool, but I'm picky, so I can't help much. I've played some of the mentioned games, but they're nowhere near as good IMO. I still want to try Darksiders. Portal is good.

I highly recommend Portal. I really enjoyed Tales of Symphonia, but that's not very similar to Zelda....

Final Fantasy one. It's really old, but i still love it a ton! It even has a reference to Zelda. In the elf village there is a headstone that says "here lies link"

Sure Darksiders fits the bill as Vigil Games representative Mases Hagopian is earnestly trying to convince this forum. :P

Other franchises which you may enjoy are God of War, Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy, and Minecraft (I suppose not technically a franchise yet). The first two are rather gory and more action-oriented therefore I don't know if you'd like that. Final Fantasy is an RPG rather than Action-Adventure game like Zelda but if you really want some high quality story and gameplay check out installments I-X. Minecraft, well that's adventure right? Making your own worlds and goofing off. XD

YOU MUST PLAY CHRONO TRIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER!!!!!!!

Oh and Megaman Battle network. The story isn't that good but the battle system is the best I have ever seen!

Portal and Portal 2 are such amazing games :3 it doesnt really go with Zelda a LOT.. bit its a puzzle game and the plot is interesting/funny :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom