• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If a Zelda Movie Came Out Would You Go Watch It

• Thread starter tりふぉrせほlでr
  • Start date

Would you go see a Zelda movie

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would go see it no matter what 'cause it's Zelda. For it to be good though, it would need high-quality actors/actresses and a good plot. Actually, I think it would be awesome if they did one in the motion-capture style, like A Christmas Carol.

I've seen the fan made movie which was supposed to be a joke, and it was terrible in my opinion. I still watch it though, just because it is Zelda related. If Nintendo really made a movie or endorsed a movie i don't think it will suck, but even if it did, I don't think it will tarnish the good Zelda name in any way.

i still don't understand why people make such a big deal out of this, I would go no matter what anyone says because I consider myself a hardcore hie hard fan of the series.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
My answer is "maybe". And that's because:

As arkvoodle said, it would be incredibly hard for anybody to capture the feel of the games. Zelda is great because of the feeling of adventure and danger that it gives when exploring Hyrule. That is a feeling that best captured with the interactive aspect of a game, while a movie forces you to follow its pace. It's a square peg/round hole kind of thing, IMHO. Zelda was made to work as a game.

That said, there could be some prodigy out there who has the ability to capture that feel, but I highly doubt it being ANY faithful to the game. Maybe Terrence Malick? (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)

Just one more thing: The idea that a silent hero would be awkward is something I really have a hard time understanding. Have the people who say that ever watched Charlie Chaplin? I think his movies were far more advanced than anything else out there today because of the expresiveness. Silent filmmakers had to work around many limitations that ended up helping to develop creativity. But that's just my opinion.

ENA-three!

the man from mars
i would go see it. chances are it will suck because it will only have the main characters that everyone who doesnt play the games know, link,zelda and ganondorf. has there really been a good translation from any media to movie? comic books has been decent, iron man was good, not perfect but good. green lantern was good...excpt they changed hal jordans attitude. only good thing i can think of coming out of a loz movie would be, all the loz products. lunch boxes,back packs, toys etc

ENA-three!

the man from mars
See it? I'm going to write the script for it! What? Don't look at me like that.

dude! you crazy??? you can get killed for that! haha jk. my dream is to be a script writer and film director someday, im gonna go to film school. soooooo if one hasnt been made......im sooo gonna pitch one to nintendo haha.....prolly gonna get me banned on here now haha jk

I would definitely go watch it... But I think a live action Zelda would probably be really hard to pull off. Link would be extremely hard to cast.

I think the best way to make a Zelda movie is having it animated.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
If it was official and they picked the top actors/actresses for the job, I most certainly would. Also, if they got Peter Jackman (director of Lord of the Rings and now/soon The Hobbit) to oversee it, I would definitely go to watch it. I really just would want to go so long as Hollywood didn't tarnish it, like they did Eragon and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Trust me the way the movie studios work they would change it a lot... That is why Videogame movies usually suck.. the studio thinks they know better than the people that actually made the original game on how to write the story.

all of a sudden Link would be a sparkly vampire and Zelda would be a leather clad badass who went to Hogwarts.. it would be bad. Plus all fantasy movies these days seem watered down... Lord of the Rings really is the only fantasy movie that has been made since the 80s that even considered there are adult fans of the genre too.

ENA-three!

the man from mars
if peter jackson directed it, then it would be one long boring movie. but the right actors would be a must!
for example, i know at first teh idea seems like noooo! but has anyone seen zack effron?
throw a green cap n pointy ears on him and thats link!
zackefron.jpg

im just saying, haha

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
if peter jackson directed it, then it would be one long boring movie. but the right actors would be a must!
for example, i know at first teh idea seems like noooo! but has anyone seen zack effron?
throw a green cap n pointy ears on him and thats link!
zackefron.jpg

im just saying, haha

I'd watch if even if it was long and boring! ;)

This...really is a pretty fair pick. I hadn't considered Zach Efron before, but would be able to carry off Link's character perfectly? He definitely has the looks for it; authencity is another thing, though.

ENA-three!

the man from mars
thats where the director comes in. like, if link is recieving a gift from someone, say saria is giving him the ocarina, rather than link say something like " oh wow, this means so much to you, thank you!" instead, what he should do is, let off a little sigh noise and just give her a open mouthed smile with a deep look in the eyes. then after looking her her for a few seconds just turn n right before running off, he takes one more glance back at her, no smile just a face as if he is soaking her into his memory one last time, then he would run off without looking back. and even though he will speak, most his answerers are given by a simple smile. ....think a hollywood director would bring that to the table?

yea i would go see it if its like the animated like the legend of zelda one but yea if it is not like that i would go see it

ENA-three!

the man from mars
well im sure an animated movie would come out in theaters. but an animated movie that looked like tp would be awesome. but im sure a movie will be coming soon. but i know id defentily go see it no matter what. i just have to. when i first saw igns april fools joke, i was like....this is godawful.....then a sigh of relief when i saw the realse date

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom