• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Identity of the Old Woman in the Sealed Grounds!!!!

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED, READ NO FURTHER!!!!

The old woman in the sealed grounds, the one with the giant read cloak is Impa, in the future. This is proven as she has one of Zelda's bracelets. (which Zelda gave Impa in the past)

Comments?

So this pretty much proves that it's a different Impa from OoT. Since during SS she's old and small and this takes place before OoT.

Byrne

Waterloo
Impa IS NOT THAT OLD WOMAN!!!!!
Nintendo has confirmed that the sheikah girl is IMPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What she meant was that the shiekah girl and the old woman are the same person, so they're both Impa. There is some evidence to support this, the bracelet that was mentioned and the long braid. Although, the more I think about it, I'm not sure if this is enough. I don't think that the shiekah girl only appears in the world of the past. I think she appears in the present also. Not to mention, if they were the same person, the old woman would have known Link's name when they first met.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Impa IS NOT THAT OLD WOMAN!!!!!
Nintendo has confirmed that the sheikah girl is IMPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I saw the end of the game myself. Zelda gave impa one of her Goddess bracelets as a keep-sake to remember her by, as Impa cannot go back to the future. She has to stay in the past to protect the Master Sword and to watch over the Triforce.

When Link, Zelda and Groose return to the world of the Future, the elderly woman that has been guiding Link for the past few parts of the game, seems to have the Bracelet Zelda gave Impa. She then says; "See? I told you we'd meet again..." During this Zelda's Lulaby is playing in the background, as Impa vanishes in a slow burst of light... leaving the violet bracelet behind.

What she meant was that the shiekah girl and the old woman are the same person, so they're both Impa. There is some evidence to support this, the bracelet that was mentioned and the long braid. Although, the more I think about it, I'm not sure if this is enough. I don't think that the shiekah girl only appears in the world of the past. I think she appears in the present also. Not to mention, if they were the same person, the old woman would have known Link's name when they first met.

Correct. Read my reply to Byrne.

I never knew that we could post these kinds of things here. These are like spoilers of the highest degree! One look at these kinds of spoilers could ruin the entire plot of Skyward Sword. I know there's no rule against it, but...meh.

By the way, she [the old pendulum-haired Impa] also tells Grouse that he will play an important part in the events that will transpire [in the past]... :yes:

wow....now I'm even more confused...so it's not the same Impa from OoT?? or is it somehow?? (sorrry)

No. She is not the same Impa from Ocarina of Time. OoT's Impa is very likely a spiritual predecessor (reincarnation?) of Skyward Sword's Impa, if anything.

To the point, OoT and SS's Impas are two completely different persons of Sheikah origin. :yes:

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
The young Sheikah woman is Impa from the World of the Past. Zelda gives her the bracelet and says goodbye.
When they return to the future, they meet Impa in her present-form, which is why she's now old.

THAT'S IT. SIMPLE.

To the point, OoT and SS's Impas are two completely different persons of Sheikah origin. :yes:
Ok, I knew that if the old woman was Impa she would be a different Impa than OoT's. TBH though i thought she was a little old man with a braided beard the first time i saw her.

Ok, I knew that if the old woman was Impa she would be a different Impa than OoT's. TBH though i thought she was a little old man with a braided beard the first time i saw her.

lol I thought she was a man as well at first glance.

To the point, there are various Impas throughout the Zelda series, and Skyward Sword presents the off-chance that they are all (spiritually?) connected; possibly reincarnations, as [most] Links and Zeldas are. However, I don't think there's enough substantial evidence to support such a claim at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom