• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ideas Taken from Twilight Princess?

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
There are definitely similarities, but they weren't originally going to in Skyward Sword. A lot of ideas were added later in development such as the Loftwing. It sort of a transformed adaptation.

T

Twilight_Sword

I agree that the vessels in the silent realms are straight out of Twilight Princess :)

Well, I agree to some extent... However, I wouldn't necessarily say those ideas were "taken" from Twilight Princess, particularly given the fact that both games are two in a series. I think it is more suitable to say that each idea was 1.) carried over and/or 2.) adapted to fit Skyward Sword's formula, while the other ideas were simply greatly expanded upon such as flight and venturing into a alternate realm of sorts. This kind of thing is common in the Zelda series; even scrapped ideas from one game can make a comeback only to be adapted/implemented in a new form in another...

As to if I've come across anything, I'd have to say no. I can't think of anything aside from what you [the OP] have already mentioned.

Z

Zeldacelli

The first game I played was SS(weird, right?) and I'm now just starting TP. Something I right away thought was so awesome was when Link first receives his tunic in TP, he's told that it's the same as the "ancient hero's." According to the timeline, TP occurs much, much after SS. In Skyward, the only backstory for the tunic is that it's worn by the senior knights at the Academy. I'm positive that SS Link is the "ancient hero"!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Like JuicieJ said the loftwing was probably added later on in development and therefore they were not originally thinking of TP's shadow Kargorok riding as a means of travel. However, when they did actually decide on having the sky as an overworld and Skyloft as a hub flying must have came to mind. I think they must have then thought of the Kargorok flying from TP and how something like that might work. Of course motion+ was not always going to be in SS and I'm not sure at which stage of development they were added and therefore I can't say whether the method of flying in TP was going to be the same or whether they had already decided on using Motion + and were devising the method of flying we see in SS already at this stage.

Other similarities between the two games include the character models for Link, which are exactly the same size and have the same facial features. The hair pants and textures are different but many things are exactly the same. The art style of the game is also clearly influenced by TP as well as the WW.

Introduced in TP were the Lanayru province, Eldin province and the Faron province. The names of these three provinces were also included in SS. Whilst the layout of Hyrule is similar in OOT there was no Lanayru, Eldin or Faron because they simply had not been thought of at that stage.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I personally do not see very much resemblance, the artistic style is radically different, the villains, everything is so much different there is little in common. Even the controls are different.

Naga

MUSICALITY!
Well, maybe the part in Skyward Sword where bokoblins kidnap you and steal your stuff was a blown-up version of when you first cross into the Twilight and turn into a wolf. Both times you get knocked out, and both times the area is different from when you first entered it, both times someone surprises you while you are in the cell or whatever you wanna call it, and both times there is someone you have to get to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom