• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ideas Taken from Twilight Princess?

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Howdy! If theres a thread like this I must have missed it, but I looked , I promise : D If its in the wrong spot as well, I apologize...

Anyhoo, I am playing through Twilight Princess again, and Ive been looking at every small detail in the game. I wonder if Nintendo adopted the idea of flying a bird - like animal from the part in the game that we have to use the Twilit Kargarok to fly up Zoras river. I know the flying mechanics are different, but its the same in that you have to tilt the remote to control where you fly. Do you think that part of Twilight Princess influenced Skyward Sword? or am I just being ********?... : D

EDIT-...so anyone else notice other similarities between SS and TP?

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Nah, I'd say not. Skyward Sword wasn't originally going to have the Loftwing. That was put in somewhat late in development, probably about a year from release, if not less. The provinces were originally going to be connected by a central hub, or something, but they switched that hub to the sky since, well, the only city in the game was Skyloft. It was an adaptation of the transportation style -- a mix between the Great Sea and Hyrule/Termina Field from the N64 games. Not a bad thought on your part, but it just seems unlikely to me.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Howdy! If theres a thread like this I must have missed it, but I looked , I promise : D If its in the wrong spot as well, I apologize...

Anyhoo, I am playing through Twilight Princess again, and Ive been looking at every small detail in the game. I wonder if Nintendo adopted the idea of flying a bird - like animal from the part in the game that we have to use the Twilit Kargarok to fly up Zoras river. I know the flying mechanics are different, but its the same in that you have to tilt the remote to control where you fly. Do you think that part of Twilight Princess influenced Skyward Sword? or am I just being ********?... : D
I wouldn't say you're being ******** at all. I doubt there was any connection though, just a coincidence. Skyward Sword literally takes place in the sky, so travel by bird is essential. I think Twilight Princess influenced a few things in Skyward Sword. One of those things being collecting tears in Silent Realms being very similar to collecting tears in Twilight Realms. That's one major similarity I noticed.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I wouldn't say you're being ******** at all. I doubt there was any connection though, just a coincidence. Skyward Sword literally takes place in the sky, so travel by bird is essential. I think Twilight Princess influenced a few things in Skyward Sword. One of those things being collecting tears in Silent Realms being very similar to collecting tears in Twilight Realms. That's one major similarity I noticed.

Thats another thing I noticed too! I just had to wonder about the flying part...it was done pretty well, even though it was without Wii motion plus.

I can see the connection and all that so it could be possible.

That being said a flying "mount" isnt a new idea in games. So i dont think they got the idea from TP

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
I think Skyward Sword was greatly influenced by TP. I noticed bunch of elements that were in TP and reused in Skyward Sword (province division of map, silent realm, etc.). If you put a TP skin on Skyward Sword, then it would feel similar to me.

B

BeanSalesman

I think that idea wasnt taken. Yeah the control is similiar but when nintendo made the bird part of SS they werent thinking about TP plus the loftwing are bright colorful shoebills a twilit kargarok is a shadow thing or whatever.

Skunk

Floof
I really haven't played TP much, only up to Lakebed Temple. I really didn't notice much other than a few names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom