• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ideas for the Next Zelda

I'd guess that the next Zelda game is more likely to be a top-down style of game, as they are often released in between major 3D titles, due to them being far quicker to produce.
As for what system it will be on, I'd typically expect it to be on the 3DS, but with releases slowing down I'm expecting it's lifespan to be ending within the next couple of years, around the same time we can expect the next Zelda game... so I think some sort of sequel to the 3DS is more likely... either as a whole new system in it's own right, or as a sort of "Switch Lite" (a smaller, budget version of the console with a partially shared library)... with the next Zelda possibly being a release title for that system.
Story-wise, I do still believe the timeline to be canon, but think that BotW is located on a new branch of the timeline, and think that the majority of the references to past games within BotW are not actually referring to the events of previous games, but are actually referring to similar events that occurred within this new timeline that have yet to be depicted in a Zelda game... this gives them a huge amount of flexibility when it comes to adding in additional games into the timeline, and allows them to revisit concepts and characters from past games which would otherwise be impossible to return to without causing inconsistencies.

1mifRVU.jpg

Ninja

Well well well
A feudal Japan themed Zelda would be amazing.

I've posted this in other threads, however I feel that an older version of Link would be great to see, with the Zelda games story being stretched over many years. The game could start in his early to mid twenties, and end in his mid to late thirties. Can you imagine a war torn and tired Link? I would love this. We either get a young link, or a late teen Link, a mature Link is definitely in order.

The game would go from a bright and bustling Hyrule (Link in his 20's), to Ganon defeating the Hylian army and succeeding in world domination (mid to late 20's), to Link finally growing and awakening as the Hero, and leading a charge to defeat Ganon and take back the kingdom (mid thirties).

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Breath of the Wild Engine, More In-Depth Story, and this:

*sigh* this. Basically this.

Ninty: Hey! Look what our brand spanking new console can do!
*proceeds to do exactly nothing like that at all...twice.*

Reactions: Dio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom