• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ideas for the Next Zelda

I was thinking today about some ideas Nintendo could implement into their next main Zelda title, and came to a pretty good concept. Bring back the Book of Mudora and use it as the main item of the game, similar to how the Sheikah Slate functions, but using spells instead. Bringing back some old spells like Nayru's Love and Quake from ALttP would also be great. In addition to spells it can be used to decipher ancient texts to help find clues and treasures. And when the player gets new spells, new pages are formed in the Book.
So, what do you guys think of this idea? Do you have any neat concepts for Nintendo to try?

Note: Sorry for making my posts a bit to long, I just like discussions about interesting stuff.

I was thinking today about some ideas Nintendo could implement into their next main Zelda title, and came to a pretty good concept. Bring back the Book of Mudora and use it as the main item of the game, similar to how the Sheikah Slate functions, but using spells instead. Bringing back some old spells like Nayru's Love and Quake from ALttP would also be great. In addition to spells it can be used to decipher ancient texts to help find clues and treasures. And when the player gets new spells, new pages are formed in the Book.
So, what do you guys think of this idea? Do you have any neat concepts for Nintendo to try?

Note: Sorry for making my posts a bit to long, I just like discussions about interesting stuff.

It'd be nice to have ALttP stuff in a 3D game to make Link feel powerful like he used to. I also miss the magical themes of older Zelda games. The series has been moving further and further away from that recently.

I'd quite like an Oracle-like series where Link is a different/new race each time. Rito Link would be cool.

Although i know he is always Hylian because of his ears. Though i dont even know if that part of the lore is still canon that Hylians have long ears to hear the gods of Hyrule.

First and foremost, a deeper story than what we got with BotW, and be able to play through it unlike BotW where the story is mostly contained in the past. Add some online features which have been missing from the console games aside from the Tingle Bottle in WWHD. I'm not a fan of the breakable weapons unless you can do things to upgrade them. Take a cue from MM: Kokiri Sword - Razor Sword - Gilded Sword. Maybe some knew types of arrows, though I'm not creative enough to think of anything special. Bring back the dungeons but still utilize the open world format.

Just use all the same assets but change up everything. Like how MM used all the OOT assets but had a totally different idea and main mechanic behind it. It doesn't have to be open world, but I think it most likely will be again.

Take a cue from MM: Kokiri Sword - Razor Sword - Gilded Sword.
The Razor sword looked amazing but I never used it. I just upgraded straight to the gilded sword. I think the Link to the Past way of upgrading is better. You actually have to do stuff to upgrade your sword and it's not breakable like the razor sword is. Stuff to upgrade the sword that is not BS tough as nails trials that you only get in the DLC. I don't think Link to the Past gets much right but sword upgrading it gets very right. I like it a lot.

Upgrading the sword should be part of the story. It should also never be breakable.

I think that Nintendo should just stop making the Zelda and Link characters more emotional. Zelda in BOTW and SS being this emotional character just didn't click with me. And if Nintendo really wants to have Zelda in the franchise, they need to do something with her already. She was whiny and stupid in OOT, she was underdeveloped, cold, slow with archery, and antisocial in TP, she was cheeky, cloying, and lovey-dovey in SS, and was still cheeky in BOTW. These BOTW and SS Zelda are the worst Zeldas I've seen due to how cheeky and emotional they are and they need to go back to making the princess less expressive and not mean like she was in TP, SS, and BOTW. Same for Link, he's more lovey-dovey and mean in SS and he is even more mean in BOTW. They need to make Link return to being that really charming and nice guy like in OOT.

Give me dungeons. REAL dungeons. Give me bosses that don't look almost alike. No breakable weapons, bring back the clawshot and use it for climbing instead.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
First and foremost, a deeper story than what we got with BotW, and be able to play through it unlike BotW where the story is mostly contained in the past. Add some online features which have been missing from the console games aside from the Tingle Bottle in WWHD. I'm not a fan of the breakable weapons unless you can do things to upgrade them. Take a cue from MM: Kokiri Sword - Razor Sword - Gilded Sword. Maybe some knew types of arrows, though I'm not creative enough to think of anything special. Bring back the dungeons but still utilize the open world format.

God no no more online crud, because when online for the console goes dead it kinda kills the entire thing

How about a Legend of Zelda game where time travel is involved? I am not talking about a game similar to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I was thinking more of a modern day game. What do you think?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I'd love nothing more than to see the series return to its classic European medieval stylings. Which means for the love of god no more toon shading. I know that's never gonna happen. Ninty is too lazy and incompetent (but mostly lazy) to ever attempt any realistic stylings ever again. They make cheap games for cheap audiences so there's just no use in getting my hopes up. It's a shame too, given the unrivaled beauty of Twilight Princess and the visual pioneering gains they made with Ocarina and Majora. All the minute detail in every corner of those game's aesthetics is mind blowing, especially Twilight. TP's visual artists went above and beyond. They even added further little expansive details in the HD version. So it's not like they don't have it in em.

Overall the next Zelda game just has to be meaningful. We don't need another Star Wars prequel-esque game that explains inconsequential backstory while taking a steaming dump all over the lore like Suckward did. We don't need another pointless OPIN WHAARLD!! extravaganza with a faceless big bad, lame and lazy characters and a vast empty inconsequential world to save as in BotW. Give us another meaningful world with a meaningful story and meaningful characters like literally every other TLoZ game since before the last bloody two. It isn't difficult to rethink Zelda's open world if they'd just put a lot of the items and tools in the overworld like the first game did instead of the dungeons. We don't need hundreds of weapons and armor sets. We sure as hell don't need close to a thousand some-odd bloody collect-a-thon seeds!!! We don't need barren caves and random corners piled high with mounds of worthless stuff just like literally every other blasted OPHINN WHARRLD!!! Ar-Pee-Gee since ever! I want a Zelda adventure with a focused overworld and lacking any stupid gimmicks. That means no boats, no birds, no bloody planes, trains, dirigibles or mother freaking MOTERBIKES!! Just give us the horse, some simple rudimentary fast travel and maybe a row boat. And I want dungeons. Real dungeons that look and feel like real places again.

Sad thing is, everything I've mentioned is stuff the Zelda series used to have.

Make the Zelda games less emotional than they already now are. Make them no more emotional than TP, I guess, maybe a bit less emotional than TP because the Hero's Shade's story was too sad. BOTW and SS's stories are too emotional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom