• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ideas for New/updated Items?

K

kidd sisco5150

I don't know if there is already a thread like this, didn't find any so here goes.

What kind of new items would you like to see in future Zelda games, or how would you like to see current items updated.

My choices for new items;

Spear- for long range damage like the bow but maybe used against a centain enemy or as a "key" to throw into holes to open certain

Poison arrow- a new arrow option that can slowly drain an enemy's life

Catapult- possibly a mini catapult that can be pulled by epona to knock down barriers instead of using bombs

Armor- not just another tunic something more along the lines of that red armor in TP, maybe just chain mail, something that lessens the damage you take that is permanant on top of when you get that white line around your heart containers that show you take less damage.

Shield- I would like to see another step in the shield (and sword) upgrades.

Torch- instead of having to light those danm deku sticks that go out have a torch that once is lit stays lit until you put it away.

My choice of updated items;

Hero's bow- I think it would be visually refreshing if they made the hero's bow a crossow. It would still function the same and is period correct, just something different to look at.

Epona- maybe get upgrades like new saddle or horeshoes that allow her run to last longer or make her go faster so that she is a more effecient means of travel.

Some of these do seem repetative and may have very few uses but its just a list of things to change the item inventory up a little bit.

What do you think?

new items

I do think the crossbow would be cool but I also think that zelda needs to become more active like in spirit tracks. I know most zelda fans don't put much stock in the animated series but I think that zelda being your copilot would be cool. I also think that zelda needs to shy away from the damsel in distress. I would also like to see the triforce used offensive/defensively
i.e. animated series zelda carries the triforce and in one episode uses it to create a shield and also to create stairs. I also think that using a catapult would be pretty cool but to hold bombs rather than instead of. I also think that Zelda II had the level system and that could be incorporate where you get new pieces of armor for each attack level.

Djinn

and Tonic
There are quite a few things I would like to see in a future Zelda title. First I want some type of bashing item that can double as an effective weapon. Something like a mace or flail. Previous games did have a hammer but it is generally slow and does not have a decent range. And Twilight Princess' Ball and Chain, while a good idea, is way too slow and clumsy to ever be effective in combat. So I want a secondary weapon like the Ball and Chain that is both good in combat and has the ability to break doors or barriers. Possibly shields as well. It could do less damage than Link's current sword but it would have the added ability to break a Stalfos or Darknut shield. Which would be great for all the players out there that like their hit and bash combos over specific button sequences for special moves to strike from behind or stun them.

Also I want more magic. The series is set in a fantasy universe where magic is supposedly abundant, and the Hylians are known for their sorcery. I want that sorcery to have a greater impact in a future game. The medallions in Link to the Past and the spells from Ocarina of Time were a great idea and I want more of those. Also the wizzrobe wand from LoZ, I wish to see that returned as well. It was my favorite secondary item in the game and I loved that it could be upgraded with the addition of the spell book. But I would like a combination of the two. Maybe Link could gain the wand early on in the game and it is only capable of certain tricks like moving blocks or pulling levers from a distance. But then later Link could learn certain spells from Wizards/Robes, Sages, or a Great Fairy. And throughout the game the number of abilities Link has through the Magic wand could increase. It could recreate the properties of the fire/ice rods or arrows, the canes of Byrna and Somalia, or just shoot the plain wizzrobe magic blast. Gaining some of these spells could be difficult sidequests that while not important to finish the story would be a nice addition to the overall game. And it would give Link a set of evolving abilities when normally he only gains hearts and items.

Really I want any item that would be generally fun to play around with anywhere in Hyrule field or a dungeon often outside of it's specific purpose. And enough with the gimmick items that are only useful in the dungeon that they are found in like Twilight Princess' Spinner, Hover Boots, Shovel, Mole Mits, or the enemy bait in LoZ. They help in one single area and possibly once more to gain an item but that is it. No more usefulness at all.

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
There are quite a few things I would like to see in a future Zelda title. First I want some type of bashing item that can double as an effective weapon. Something like a mace or flail. Previous games did have a hammer but it is generally slow and does not have a decent range. And Twilight Princess' Ball and Chain, while a good idea, is way too slow and clumsy to ever be effective in combat. So I want a secondary weapon like the Ball and Chain that is both good in combat and has the ability to break doors or barriers. Possibly shields as well. It could do less damage than Link's current sword but it would have the added ability to break a Stalfos or Darknut shield. Which would be great for all the players out there that like their hit and bash combos over specific button sequences for special moves to strike from behind or stun them.

Also I want more magic. The series is set in a fantasy universe where magic is supposedly abundant, and the Hylians are known for their sorcery. I want that sorcery to have a greater impact in a future game. The medallions in Link to the Past and the spells from Ocarina of Time were a great idea and I want more of those. Also the wizzrobe wand from LoZ, I wish to see that returned as well. It was my favorite secondary item in the game and I loved that it could be upgraded with the addition of the spell book. But I would like a combination of the two. Maybe Link could gain the wand early on in the game and it is only capable of certain tricks like moving blocks or pulling levers from a distance. But then later Link could learn certain spells from Wizards/Robes, Sages, or a Great Fairy. And throughout the game the number of abilities Link has through the Magic wand could increase. It could recreate the properties of the fire/ice rods or arrows, the canes of Byrna and Somalia, or just shoot the plain wizzrobe magic blast. Gaining some of these spells could be difficult sidequests that while not important to finish the story would be a nice addition to the overall game. And it would give Link a set of evolving abilities when normally he only gains hearts and items.

Really I want any item that would be generally fun to play around with anywhere in Hyrule field or a dungeon often outside of it's specific purpose. And enough with the gimmick items that are only useful in the dungeon that they are found in like Twilight Princess' Spinner, Hover Boots, Shovel, Mole Mits, or the enemy bait in LoZ. They help in one single area and possibly once more to gain an item but that is it. No more usefulness at all.

the item could be a useless but funny item like the nun chucks or something and one thing i want to return is AoL spells and OoT spells

update items

I would like to see the AoL spells and OOT to return also instead of getting spells I like the idea of a spell book like from LoZ that increases the power of the wand. I would like to be able to create fire and ice arrows at will. like a spell ice cast over either arrows or bombs and you could create a fire arrow so the bomb doesn't go off once you drop it
ice the bomb over and then shoot a fire arrow to set it off kind of like a bomchu or to animate items to explode. I would like to be able to use the triforce to create ladders etc would be nice I think that there could be another spinner like object that allows you to get away quickly. I mean ganon has the triforce of power is his body and uses it effectively why not even the odds. I would love to be able to bat a bomb with my sword or to otherwise open doorways impromptu like a portal to blah temple as you acquire items in the field or to ride on your shield or other ways to practically to pull the rug out from under enemies

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
I'd go with more masks that are actually useful. Only a small handful of the MM ones actually had more than one use, and out of those only a couple actually affected the gameplay rather than Link's interactions. I want to see more masks that actually make an impact on the gameplay. Like, say, transforming Link into an enemy?

Sword-wise, I wouldn't want to see much change except maybe some new abilities. TP started it in the right direction, but half the skills you learn were useless on their own, only actually useful for initiating other attacks. Hopefully Skyward Sword will take the game more in that direction.

I'd really like to see Link riding on a dragon. That would be amazing. And the TP bird minigame thing doesn't count.

Also, I want to use some dark weaponry too. We have the light arrows and the Master Sword, but what about dark items? I so want to have dark arrows or a shadow sword! That would be so cool!

I love the idea of upgrades for Epona... that would be great. :D

A spear sounds pretty cool but it could be a pain where you have to throw it and then go get it back from the dead body (if they did it realistically).

Armor would definitely be great, and I would totally be in favor of adding more steps to upgrading the sword and shield.

A return of the magic elements from earlier games (either the Magic Wand from LoZ, or the Fire and Ice rods and all those medallions from LttP, or even the spell crystals from OoT) would be EXCELLENT. I like the magical themes and have missed them in the recent games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom