• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Idea for New Zelda Game

I feel that it would be a good idea if Nintendo has Link lose to Ganon so they can clear up the third timeline split. Please comment on your opinion of this idea. ( Be polite and do not rip on me if you disagree)

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
I will disagree with you only because the third split is the death of Link in OoT..... so.... its not like you can make another game in OoT where link dies o_O. Plus, i think a zelda game that ends in links death would leave a sour taste in the players mouth. I think people would feel betrayed by the creators and feel like the game was really completely pointless.

I honestly don't think there should be a 3rd split at all. They could've easily put the games in the "Link's Death" timeline in the Adult/Child timelines. ALttP, OoX, and LA could've all easily gone in the Adult timeline, while LoZ and AoL could've gone in new Hyrule in the child timeline or even the end of the adult timeline. I think Nintendo's going to end up changing ideas about this in the end. (Sorry about the off topicness in this paragraph)

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
I will disagree with you only because the third split is the death of Link in OoT..... so.... its not like you can make another game in OoT where link dies o_O. Plus, i think a zelda game that ends in links death would leave a sour taste in the players mouth. I think people would feel betrayed by the creators and feel like the game was really completely pointless.

I honestly don't think there should be a 3rd split at all. They could've easily put the games in the "Link's Death" timeline in the Adult/Child timelines. ALttP, OoX, and LA could've all easily gone in the Adult timeline, while LoZ and AoL could've gone in new Hyrule in the child timeline or even the end of the adult timeline. I think Nintendo's going to end up changing ideas about this in the end. (Sorry about the off topicness in this paragraph)

My thoughts exactly! Why did they have to make a timeline anyways?!

I do not like the split as either, but if it is official i will go by it. I worded this poorly i meant how about a game where Ganon escapes.

I think a good game idea is to introduce Sky ships.. i mean, its not to advanced in tecnology, they already have trains.. and they could just say, "its made out of goron metal, super light wight, and strong" so no one has to question "how is that even posable!? and floating chunk of steel? it too heavy!", becouse we all know some zelda critics just try to find a flaw in the game...

I think a good game idea is to introduce Sky ships.. i mean, its not to advanced in tecnology, they already have trains.. and they could just say, "its made out of goron metal, super light wight, and strong" so no one has to question "how is that even posable!? and floating chunk of steel? it too heavy!", becouse we all know some zelda critics just try to find a flaw in the game...

I, myself, am partial to sky ships, especially after seeing them in the Final Fantasy games. But I think they have already been featured in the series (sorta). The City in the Sky in Twilight Princess hovered high in the sky using propellers. It shares traits of an airship the likes of those featured in Final Fantasy games.

City in the Sky
300px-City_in_the_Sky.jpg

I have my doubts that an airship will ever appear in a future Zelda title, though, seeing as how such a game would have to be centered around the sky, and that has already been done. I think it was also mentioned that the sky will not ever be featured prominently in the series again (as far as plot elements and settings go).

On the topic of the third split: I hate the term "third split". It sounds more to me like a hypothetical scenario that could have occurred in OoT than a split, but whatever... There exists the possibility that the current timeline will change yet again upon the release of new Zelda games anyway.

L

LinkinSpirit

The Zelda timeline got me confused for a while because i didnt know how to read it.... Now I know how to.. I'm such a weirdo lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom