• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Idea For a Dungeon (Don't Laugh)

That is such a great idea. It coulb be like the lost woods with sarias song, or that galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy 2 when the ground changed to the beat of the music. The dungeon houses the musical instrument for the game. or the music playing could even be a code, which you have to figure out.

This truly is a GREAT idea! I think every Zelda fan would want this hands down and I would particularly like the idea of more parts to the music of the dungeon being added on the further you go in. This is similar to the way Hyrule castle is in TP but I like it better in Super Mario Galaxy 1. Unfortunately the reality of this actually happening is pretty low unless Link gets an instrument as an item which probably won't happen. The main concept they are trying to stress is the wii motion plus, and I don't see an old style instrument that can be played that way except maybe the drums.

M

Majoras ocarina

yeah like if link shrunk in size and needed to play an instrument to play certain songs to open certain doors to get keys and to turn normal again by killing the boss and it leaves a potion that the boss has the only one in existance... atleast thats my idea....

A music-based dungeon sounds genius, in my opinion, especially if done right. Imagine the possibilities. Giant tiles on the floor that play different notes on a scale that must be played in the right sequence to open a door or reveal something; giant drum-like platforms that must be struck with a heavy weapon or something. The boss could be a beast or giant who was in slumber, but was awoken by a massive percussion instrument-based thingy, because it's sensitive to certain sound stimuli. So, it could be defeated by exploiting this sensitivity to loud sounds. I have not a clue what the acquired item would be for this particular dungeon, however. Good idea, though. :yes:

Squirrel

The Rodent King
That sounds cool but it would be hard for Nintendo to do that and make it challenging and interesting. I think just generally a sound dungeon might be cool but just music dungeon would be hard to create. I love the idea though.

G

Goroff

Genius :) I have thought about this briefly before, but now that I think of it, it could be really fun.... Or annoying always having to pull out and play the music

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I'm not laughing, this sounds like a great idea! Music is always a thing I have loved about Zelda games and if they could combine and create several lovely music pieces and sort them out accordingly to a dungeon it could work very well. I think music is one of the soothing things about the games, so different rooms could have different music and maybe even a puzzle could tie in with musical aspects. The possibilities are endless. I'd love to see this idea actually happen.

guy123

The Waker of the Winds
they kind of used that in either phantom hourglass or spirit tracks... (I can't remember which since they have such similar dungeons!) where you had to play melodies with three different bells. That's an awesome idea though! I'd like to see it!

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Very interesting idea.. :D

The dungeon could be black and white in the beginning and as you progress and play music it get's more colorful and cheerful, And the boss could be some kind of a monster that is vurnable to sound(duh.. -.-) like the symbiote in Spider-Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom