• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I wonder if we will get a game from the previous Calamity.

Can't be Downfall.

Ganondorf is stuck in his Beast Ganon form in that timeline.

This is never confirmed; merely an assumption on your end. While all of Ganon's appearances have only involved his beast form on the DT post OoT, there is nothing saying that he is unable to return to human form. In fact, we have seen him transform to beast and human back to back in OoT and TP, so why would it be different on the DT?

Another thing to consider about his corpse is that it has round ears, not pointed ears. CaC mentions how the Gerudo once had round ears long ago(which is true during the era of OoT; even Ganondorf had round ears in OoT) despite having pointed ones in the era of BotW, and yet on both the CT and AT, Ganondorf received pointed ears. His human form has never had pointed ears on the DT, making his corpse more fitting for the DT.

Also, CaC confirms that BotW Ganon is the same guy as the Ganon in every game sans FSA by mentioning that Ganondorf, the very same one that became Calamity Ganon, was born in the same era as Sage Nabooru. This is impossible on the CT since he's reincarnated as a new Ganon in FSA, and it's impossible on the AT as he is eradicated by the Triforce.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
He wasn't eradicated by the Triforce in the Adulthood Timeline. He was sealed in stone by the Master Sword and now has an ocean on top of him thanks to the wish of the King of Red Lions.

Just wanted to point that out.

He wasn't eradicated by the Triforce in the Adulthood Timeline. He was sealed in stone by the Master Sword and now has an ocean on top of him thanks to the wish of the King of Red Lions.

Just wanted to point that out.

The King of Hyrule wished for the death of Ganondorf along with Hyrule Kingdom. The Master Sword depleting Ganon's life force was how that portion of the wish came to fruition, just like how the Statue of the Goddess falling on The Imprisoned in the present is how Link's Triforce wish for him to die comes to fruition.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Downfall Timeline fits best for BotW. It is stated that Ganondorf/Ganon has been a recurring threat to history in BotW, and the only timeline where he has had such an influence is on the downfall timeline.

Besides this, the OoT sages are referenced to actually be awoken sages, so that makes the Child Timeline impossible for BotW to fit at the end of, leaving only Adult or Downfall.

There is that whole thing about a Triforce wish losing it's influence after the death of whoever made the wish, and people like to cite this as there being a possibility that the Great Sea could receed. The issue is that since the King of Hyrule is some sort of spirit he shouldn't have been able to use the Triforce for that wish to begin with, but he did anyway. Maybe this just means because he wasn't alive, his wish will never lose potentecy since he can't die if he is already dead?

Regardless of all of that, Ganondorf has the Master Sword driven into his head and he has been turned to stone. I really doubt anyone would pull the sword and release him from that, so the Adult Timeline just doesn't work well either.

The Kokiri are forest spirits that can change forms whenever, so the Koroks appearing isn't a big deal. There is also a bird race on the Downfall timeline called the Fokka that could have become civilized and would explain why BotW has both Rito and Zora.

Timelines don't just merge randomly, I think. Now if BotW 2 reveals the timelines merged than it's canon and I'd be fine with it, but I don't see that being the case currently. While it is true on the official Zelda website that showcases the timeline BotW is placed at the end of all 3 timelines, there is a divider between the timeline and BotW, it's basically saying where it should go is up to players to decide, not that it is at the end of all 3 timelines. I figured I should address this now because it always seems to come up in debates like these.

Anyway, I do think they might try to cover info on what led up to the first Calamity, it feels like that needs to be fleshed out after what we have seen of BotW 2 so far. I've seen speculation that maybe the sky sections are interactive memories featuring a Hero from the past.

Last edited:
There is that whole thing about a Triforce wish losing it's influence after the death of whoever made the wish, and people like to cite this as there being a possibility that the Great Sea could receed. The issue is that since the King of Hyrule is some sort of spirit he shouldn't have been able to use the Triforce for that wish to begin with, but he did anyway. Maybe this just means because he wasn't alive, his wish will never lose potentecy since he can't die if he is already dead?

That's always my exact counterargument to that, especially since TWW implies(and HH outright confirms) that Daphnes is a spirit by the time of TWW. We know that people who have pieces of the Triforce within them lose them when they die(see Ganon in TP and Zelda 1), but maybe a spirit that's already dead can wish on the Triforce even if they can't carry the pieces within them? And since they can't die, their wish will never lose potency, as you said.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Until Nintendo confirms a timeline placement for BotW, I think it is best to assume that at some point down the line some incarnation of Link manages to either accidentally or purposefully reunite the timelines. Hence why BotW has Rito, references to Twilight Princess, and other such games from the split timelines.

Either that, or BotW is somehow a sequel to Hyrule Warriors and thus takes place in an alternate reality timeline that doesn't exist in the main continuity. Given the time rifts of Hyrule Warriors, it would allow for such knowledge of concepts that have only been seen in one timeline or the next to be possibly known by the Royal Family and people of Hyrule.

I find the notion of more timelines converging to be fairly farfetched. Time travel itself is already a concept that doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Deciding that the timelines come together just seems like a quiet admission that the timeline itself has always been a mess.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom