• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time I Was Thinking..... when In The Deku Tree

Well i was thinking in The Deku Tree If It Were Not For Those 3 Deku's Opening The Door To Gohma Ganondorf Couldve Took Over Hyrule And The World am i the only one who has even thought of This ??

Discuss :D

Deku_Mask.jpg

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Nope, wrong. For one, I see the deku scrubs as more guarding the door then preventing it from opening. And since Link beat them, they had no choice but to let him through.
Another thing, Link went inside the Deku Tree to stop it from dying, but it later turned out that it was all for naught. The Deku Tree was going to die anyway, so in reality getting to and defeating Gohma didn't really change anything except make Link a little stronger. Thus, the events would have still turned out the way they did had the dekus not let Link pass.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Hmm, they did say that they wouldn't forgive themselves for giving us the password. To prevent killing Queen Gohma. But if we didn't open those doors, the Great Deku Tree would have died by Ganondorf for putting this horrible monster inside of him. But Random Person is also right. I agree with you, RP!

How do you think ganon would have gotten into the SR if Link would not have gotten the spiritual stones?

Din Akera

Sniper
How do you think ganon would have gotten into the SR if Link would not have gotten the spiritual stones?

Random person's has definitely got it. Even if Link hadn't defeated Gohma the GReat Deku Tree still would have died and given Link the Kokiri Emerald in his last breath, therefore, the door of time would have still been opened either way.

I think a stronger argument would lie in Dodongo's cavern. If anything had gone wrong in there, it would have been much more possible for Ganon to simply start doing his evil thing because Darunia was not willing to give the Goron's Ruby to Link without the defeat of the dodongos. There again, Ganon wouldn't have gotten into the sacred realm, but he still would have reaped havoc on the world.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
That was just part of the dungeon. Not really important to the story. I mean, when you think about it, the Temples and such wouldn't even have the puzzles that convinentally need an item that's found in the dungeon, or really any puzzles at all.

Epona

Ordon Village
But if Link hadn't beaten the boss in the temple, the Deku Tree would have died cursed. And then the deku sprout wouldn't have been able to grow from the newly fresh un-tainted un-evil ground afterwards. o_O

CuccoFighter

時間の英雄
I don't think that would happen. Link would probably go back outside and the great deku tree would just give him the Spiritual Stone because he was going to die anyway.
-CuccoFighter:cucco:

M

Melmo Jenkins

I don't think that would happen. Link would probably go back outside and the great deku tree would just give him the Spiritual Stone because he was going to die anyway.
-CuccoFighter:cucco:

Not necessarily, The Great Deku Tree only summoned Link. Beating Gohma could have been like a test.

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
Not necessarily, The Great Deku Tree only summoned Link. Beating Gohma could have been like a test.

Exactly, as if beating Gohma was to see if Link was truly ready to start his adventure and stop Ganondorf. Because even though link defeated Gohma, the curse was still present and The Great Deku Tree died anyways.

There wasn't a curse. The parasite Gohma had made too much damage to the deku tree and so the GDT died from the damage Gohma did to him. That means Link was too slow/came too late to save the GDT.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
There wasn't a curse. The parasite Gohma had made too much damage to the deku tree and so the GDT died from the damage Gohma did to him. That means Link was too slow/came too late to save the GDT.

Actually, that's partially false. The Deku Tree specifically states that he has been cursed it's just that Gohma (and perhaps ALL the spider like creatures inside) was the curse.

thegreatdekutree.png

In this scene, he also tells Link it's time to test his courage so this may very well have all been a test to see if Link could handle things.

Din Akera

Sniper
Actually, that's partially false. The Deku Tree specifically states that he has been cursed it's just that Gohma (and perhaps ALL the spider like creatures inside) was the curse.

thegreatdekutree.png

In this scene, he also tells Link it's time to test his courage so this may very well have all been a test to see if Link could handle things.

Yes, he was cursed by Ganondorf to have Gohma 'eat' away at him/his power, and I think it very well could have been a test, but a test of courage not strength. I think even if Link couldn't have defeated Gohma, if he made it out without dying the deku tree would have still given him the stone. The Deku tree says before you enter "dost thou have courage enough to enter?" Or something similar. The test was not if Link could beat Gohma as "I was doomed before you started" (GDT) but to test Link's courage. I would bet the Deku Tree knew that Link would one day go up against Ganondorf and for that, courage is what Link needed to have.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Yes, he was cursed by Ganondorf to have Gohma 'eat' away at him/his power, and I think it very well could have been a test, but a test of courage not strength. I think even if Link couldn't have defeated Gohma, if he made it out without dying the deku tree would have still given him the stone. The Deku tree says before you enter "dost thou have courage enough to enter?" Or something similar. The test was not if Link could beat Gohma as "I was doomed before you started" (GDT) but to test Link's courage. I would bet the Deku Tree knew that Link would one day go up against Ganondorf and for that, courage is what Link needed to have.

A test of courage wouldn't usually be put up against an opponent that couldn't be beaten. If this was simply a test, that would mean the Deku Tree most likely had faith that Link would indeed defeat Gohma. He already knew Link possessed the strength, he just needed to see if Link had the courage. If Link came out victorious, that would mean that Link indeed pushed his courage to the level it was supposed to go. I think if Link had came out without defeating Gohma, that would show that the Deku Tree was wrong about his strength, but he wasn't testing for that anyway so Link was sure to beat Gohma so long as he stayed courageous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom