• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Want Magic!!!!!

Have you noticed how after Wind Waker, Zelda games haven't had magic? Well, magic bars, not magic in general. What happened though? Nothing was more fun that shooting an ice arrow and freezing something, or cooking Dark Link with Din's Fire, or something like that. Obviously Skyward Sword is not final, but I haven't seen any sort of magic bar anywhere. Do you want magic bars back in the games or should they be kept out? Thoughts!!!!

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Magic was one of my favorite things about Zelda, although luckily it wasn't the only thing I liked about the game.

I think that magic should be brought back, because it will make Link's inventory more interesting, and allow us to use some weapons we haven't seen in a while. There are so many magical items that we've had to do without because of this being taken out of the game. The spells in AoL, about half the items in ALttP, and the magical arrows from OoT, just to name a few. I would like to see magic play a role in solving puzzles like that again... it's long overdue, and it's a part of Zelda's heritage now.

The first Zelda game may not have had magic, but that doesn't mean we should revert to that now! ALttP and OoT had magic, and they were very good games.

M

Mujura

I think magic was one of the best parts of OOT and MM. They made it more "Fantasy Realistic". They should definitely bring back elemental arrows.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
The way i see it is, they had magic in OoT, MM, and WW and they showed all those three games with TP (which didn't have too much magic) in a short clip before they revealed Skyward Sword. That fact is enough to raise my hopes, This game seems to delve deeply into Hyrule's past. I'm sure there will ge great fairy fountains and old jars of magic laying about. I think they almost feel pressured into giving us a magic meter, after twilight princess everyone made such a fuss that i think they regret not putting it in. I might be wrong but I'd be willing to bet that we will be seeing some pretty funky spells in SS.

I sure hope they bring back magic. Since its supposed to be earlier in the timeline I would hope, but I don't know. The team doesn't seem interested in bringing it back :(

David

But you called me here...
I really hope that Magic returns to Zelda in SS. Magic adds a ton of depth to the game. You have to worry about so many things with a magic meter.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Having magic would be great. I recently finished ALTTP which uses magic excessively
I think where it uses magic will is in puzzles and in technique. The balance of using and saving magic is quite tricky and could add a lot to skyward sword:

In Skull Woods if you have enough magic, you can kill mothula with out much trouble, but if you use up your magic killing wall masters and other enimies that gown down easy with the fire rod, then you'll have to use your sword.
210.png

Another example is in Ganon's Tower when you (or me, really) use up all of your magic trying to find your way across and invisible pathway!!! O:<
(This sucker doesn't have enough magic to make it across hehe)
321.png

Anywho, yes I really want magic back in the series. It was such a commodity in ALTTP and I think it adds a lot of depth to any game.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I miss magic so much. :( Not only are there many items that Nintendo can bring back to Link's inventory, but there are also new ones that can be added to the Zelda series (because magic can be applicable to a lot of things). Even though the magic meter wasn't in the Skyward Sword demo at E3, I'm hoping that one will be present in the final game.

But when I think about it, it could really go either way. I mean, we already have the sword beams, which are a form of magic (even though it doesn't operate along with a magic meter). Nintendo could either turn that around so you can only use the sword beam so many times until you run out of your magicalness, or they could just say, "Hey, a sword beam is magic enough. That should satisfy the fans." and they leave it as it is (which, to be honest, REALLY scares me!). I don't want Nintendo to try and suffice us with silly swords beams that don't drain energy from a magic meter. I want that thick green line back on my television screen!! D:

I want magic back too! It's was great, it added more complexity to an already excellent gameplay. I think bringing magic back to the game can only possibly be good for it.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well the strength meter is a tiny bit similar, wait, no it isn't. Magic huh? Hmm, Twilight Princess and the 2 DS games didn't have a magic meter. For me, I'm content on how we have a strength meter, It adds a sense of realism to Link that he isn't a super human and that he has his limits. Anyone agree?

I like the endurance meter circle thingy. It adds realism and challenge for new puzzles I'm sure of it. As for magic meter. Only good can come out of it. So I hope it comes back. They said they wouldn't have another music item but then they put one in ST, so I have a feeling magic meter will come back again, one day.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
@Link-182: Since when did Nintendo say there wouldn't be a musical instrument??? Did I miss something??

I'd like to see it applied in new items if it was to comeback. I agree it could be material for interesting puzzles and items. To be honest I didn't missed it that much in past games, I think they worked all right the way they were.

Geeze, I feel so out of tune now. xD

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
If there is magic I'd want to see Magic Arrows (fire, ice, light) and some magic spells. I think the spells were highly overlooked since OoT, so if they were brought back the game would be oh so much cooler. That's just me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom