• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Want Castle Town to Look Like the Beta Pictures of OOT Castle Town

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I don't know if anyone seen it but I want Castle town to look like the beta pictures of the castle town from OOT, it looked so medieval and the sky and the fog looked so cool that they should make it look like that (of course with SS style) but So much castle towns in almost all the Zelda games where not huge and there are vary little to them.I'm not going to hype my idea because I don't want to be disappointed but still who agrees with me?:mellow:.

Deku man

Just another nobody......
Something like this?
imgres

If so yes, I really like the idea over the other one. It really looks cool with a light red/pink sky

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I'd be perfectly content with the Castle Town in SS no matter how it looks as long as it doesn't have a set camera. Honestly, in both OoT and TP, Castle Town had an annoying set camera. >_< I'd like it so much better if SS let you actually explore the town with a regular Zelda-camera view.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Something like this?
MoreOfTheGhostTown.jpg

If so yes, I really like the idea over the other one. It really looks cool with a light red/pink sky
(the URL got a little messed up)

I have mixed feelings, mostly because I'd be happy either way (though I agree that fixed camera would be bad -- especially with the motion controls).
This does look good, and a bit older than OoT's. I'd expect the streets to be a bit narrower (maybe more like dirt paths) and perhaps the buildings to be a bit smaller or at least not as many of them. The sky doesn't really fit what we've seen so far of the art style and mood, but if Hyrule is ruled by evil forces (especially the ones I think they are) then it might be appropriate.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
Wow that looks better then the finished Game! I would be up for a bigger Castle Town where you can go in every door... hopefully. Half the doors in Twilight Princess Castle Town you couldn't enter.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I don't want a castle town at all. I want small settlements and villages scattered all over Hyrule because the Kingdom of Hyrule hasn't been formed yet.

Djinn

and Tonic
True, I do think is is strange that Nintendo can give us large and expansive dungeons, forests, temples, and even other worlds to discover and explore. With secrets hidden at every turn and passages throughout. But when it comes to villages and towns we are normally left with one or two frame areas that are very straightforward and as EternamNoctourne said,

I'd be perfectly content with the Castle Town in SS no matter how it looks as long as it doesn't have a set camera. Honestly, in both OoT and TP, Castle Town had an annoying set camera. >_< I'd like it so much better if SS let you actually explore the town with a regular Zelda-camera view.

A fixed camera. The inability to see and interact with everything in Castletown in two separate games drives me crazy. When normally a place as large, old, and populated as Hyrule Castletown should have something to see and do at every corner. If there were any place in all of Hyrule that should always have something new for Link to do every single time he returns throughout the game it should be the largest and most populated city in the country.

Other than the normal shop or two and couple homes found in each game, it should have all the other things commonly associated with a large medieval city. A richer noble area with large homes and people perfectly willing to hire Link to do random tasks, or secrets hidden in the houses. A slum complete with gangs, shacks, black markets, thief dens, run down taverns and all the colorful NPC's that would be expected of such an area. Maybe a few poor unfortunate citizens Link could help out or donate to. and maybe something like a foreign quarter of town where immigrant Gorons, Zora, or Gerudo would stay. They could be important to helping Link gaining access to their villages in other regions of Hyrule. Or gaining trust among the tribes of Hyrule.

Anyway, Nintendo should definitely do a little more work in making the capital of Hyrule the ancient, mysterious, and magical cultural center of Hylian civilization it is supposed to be. And be every bit as impressive as the land it governs. Castle Town should be focal point where most sidequests originate and end up.

Last edited:
its not that the other castle towns have been to small, its just that theyre crowded, which is a good thing. the one in the oot beta was way to empty looking. so yeah, i guess id like a bigger town, but along with a bigger town should come more things to fill it up.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
That's what I also think:), I've also always wondered why there are hardly that much villages in Zelda games there usually three in every Zelda and that's all Nintendo should really make them bigger (Castle town the most since it should be important and usually castle town is boring hopefully Nintendo get's it right this time

I think thats a great idea, actually.

We need more detail, but i pretty much want a big Clocktown, with less sections, but more landmass.

I would like a bigger, more medieval town. Like, what Djinn said. The castle town should be an actual city, with the people actually talking to you.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Not to mention that EVERYTHING that you can see, you should be able to interact with. I'm not talking Assassin's Creed interactivity, Link has no business on a roof. I hate walking up to a door and finding out I just got trolled by Nintendo. Let's take Link's level of creepiness up a notch and let him barge into anyone's house and or shop. If I see an apple sitting on a table, I want to be able to pick it up. Things like that.
Don't tease the players in an era where that is entirely possible. They should take an example from the Havok engine. I want to throw a silver plate at a barmaid. I want to kick Rupies around, and throw them at Cuccos. I want to pick up a twig that I find in the forest and use it as a really crappy weapon.
Come on Nintendo, stop being stubborn. Also, NO MORE BLURRY TEXTURES.

This has nothing to do with the topic, however, so I will take my leave.

I think thats a great idea, actually.

We need more detail, but i pretty much want a big Clocktown, with less sections, but more landmass.

I liked the sections of Clock Town. It was probably mainly for CPU reasons they divided it up, but I loved feel that it was a town with nooks and crannies. It was also awesome that there were quite a few shops/minigames to explore - I definitely want a repeat of that in SS.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
That was a really really early stage in the development of OoT... the houses had almost no dimension to them other than the fact the they were cube shaped. They did have windows and stuff but it all looks so fake and blurry... TP did a pretty good job with Castle Town although it could have been wayy better. But at the same time i think Castle Town in TP kind of looked like that beta OoT Castle Town but better, maybe that's just me though. This time I hope they can push it even further and make it the biggest Castle Town yet, or if not the biggest at least put in more things to do there than ever before... I'm sure it'll look medieval no matter what, I just really want there to be more interactions in this central area of the game... I want tons of things to transpire in Castle Town this time so that it feels like Link has a connection with the people of Hyrule, after all is he not Hylian himself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom