• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Wanna Be the Guy

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Who here has played this game? For those of you who do not know what that is, it is one of the hardest games ever known to man. Severe punishment awaits at every turn, and any hits kill you instantly. The obstacles aren't really predictable, either. Gaming has generally taught us that you are always able to somewhat predict what attack or trap is up next. I Wanna Be the Guy teaches us that nothing is safe and anything can destroy us at any second. You can find the freeware game here. Having beaten it myself, I can say that it is the hardest thing I've ever finished. I urge you to play it, and you can discuss it here. If you need any help, feel free to ask.

Looks really interesting... I'm actually gonna give it a try right now

*Edit: After about 5 minutes of playing, Can't beat the first level.... WTF

Last edited:

Deku man

Just another nobody......
Whoa! You beat it! How long did it take? How many deaths? God, it took me about 3 hours and 432 deaths to get to Mike Tyson, and it took me like, 27 deaths to beat him!

IWBTG is more than likely, the hardest damn game I have ever played. I download it every now and then to see if I can beat it, and the furthest I think I've ever gotten is past two or three of the bosses. I remember the first time I played the game, I kept getting stuck on the part after Tetris, I think it's based on Kirby. It has a lot of trees and apples, and you get followed by a huge wall of spikes that you have to keep ahead of until the end to get past. It took me so long to get all of the wall jumps correct and not land on any spikes or get hit by any well aimed apples. It's a pretty awesome game to play when you are bored, although it can certaintly be aggravating, especially if you play on hard mode, then you don't half as many of the save points that you do on easy. I'd recommend that anyone play this game if they want to find a fun game to kill the time or really love games that they find challenging.

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Whoa! You beat it! How long did it take? How many deaths? God, it took me about 3 hours and 432 deaths to get to Mike Tyson, and it took me like, 27 deaths to beat him!

Time-wise? No idea, but it took me months. I had about 1040-something deaths by the time I finished. The best part? There's a fangame that's at least as hard as the original! I don't have a link because I copied it from a friend's flash drive, but it is ridiculously hard.

@ Durion: Yeah, that Kirby section was one of the two hardest areas of the game for me. The other was in the Ghosts 'n' Goblins section, in which you have a 2-block high hallway and spikes dance up and down inside. HARD HARD HARD HARD HARD. But the bosses are probably easier than most of the rest of the game, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom