• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Think There Should Have Been More to Do.

B

BrysonSchmidt

Skyward Sword is an amazing game, no doubt one of my favorite Zelda titles. I don't know if it's just me. But I will say, after playing through the game I felt like I still wanted more to do in the area of exploration and side quests. While the dungeons, puzzles, battles, and gameplay proved to be exceedingly sufficient, I still felt a little unsatisfied with extra stuff to do. Maybe it's just cause I'm such an avid Wind Waker fan, but I felt like they could've presented a harder side quest (than they did with the bugs or upgrades), or more area to explore, on the surface or in the air.

Thoughts? I'd love to hear everyones opinion on this.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I found the land below was great and had just enough to explore. The sky though was very empty which made it boring. As for Skyloft I loved Skyloft. All of the peaple had a story, personalty, and you got to know them. Lets take Cawlins Letter quest. Each person had a personalty in the quest making it feel more real and not just programing. If Skyloft had more side quests it would be perfect, because it did not have enough. Even though Skyward Sword lacked some things other Zelda games have it still had a lot to do.

Z

Zelda's Boy Toy

I agree - I wish there was an overworld on the ground where you could find things - there is also no real sidequest that involves collecting - the bugs and the treausres are for upgrading but nothing like poe souls or bugs for agitha in TP. I would have like to have seen epeona come back in some way shape or form as well on the ground, They could have put Hyrule Castle in the middle or something. I also would have liked to have done some fishing.

B

BrysonSchmidt

@Links Brother: While i think they could've done more with the land. I'll agree with you 100% on Skyloft haha the characters and stories were so brilliantly developed there, I guess thats what made me want more.

@Zelda's Boy Toy: Yeah I agree, something like a poe soul or trading quest might have filled that gap pretty well.
Fishing would've be sick!

Hmm...I was satisfied with the content in Skyward Sword, I don't think more could of been added into the game. sidequests aren't the only things you can do in Skyward Sword, there's those mini-games that will keep you occupied (Boss rush especially) My overall playtime is 75 hours, and I still have alot of bits and pieces to find, that will have me playing it for another 2 hours or so.

I agree - I wish there was an overworld on the ground where you could find things - there is also no real sidequest that involves collecting - the bugs and the treausres are for upgrading but nothing like poe souls or bugs for agitha in TP. I would have like to have seen epeona come back in some way shape or form as well on the ground, They could have put Hyrule Castle in the middle or something. I also would have liked to have done some fishing.

Hyrule Castle doesn't exist and the bird replaced Epona quite effectively for this game. Besides, the surface was too packed for a horse to be useful anyway.

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
I found there was quiet enough in the game, other then the fact the Sky was actually a bit to empty, but the land below makes up for that in an instant especially the Desert and the fact you can do The Thunder Dragon Challenges again to your pleasing.

-> Hunting for bugs
-> Gratitude Crystals
-> Side Quests
-> Upgrading weaponry and shields
-> Seeing characters grow through side quests

and a few other elements really made this game rise and shine.

B

BrysonSchmidt

Yes I've done the whole gratitude crystals thing. That was probably the best side quest in the game, but it still seemed short. Cause most of the stuff you do to get gratitude crystals is the type of stuff you did normally did in other games for rupees or pieces of hearts. Thats another thing, you started with 6 hearts... Which means there were roughly(depending on bosses) 24 more heart pieces in other games like Twilight Princess or Wind Waker.
And this is not to take away anything from the game in general, cause it's possibly my favorite game. Just analyzing.

Also, i agree with crash on the epona and hyrule castle thing.

I haven't played all the way through yet but I felt with some characters there was an intended side quest but then they were dropped by the programmers for whatever reason.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I personally feel like there should have been more enemies to fight. The bosses that we do fight are all very simplistic – even moreso than that of Twilight Princess' bosses. There are very little variety in field enemies, I can count some 7 enemies off the top of my head but they aren't even obstacles – three hits or so from the G Sword will destroy them, two hits if using the Longsword iirc. We could have had more sword wielding enemies too; Dark Link would've had a perfect entry into this game what with the motion gameplay.

On the topic of sky, the Sky was too empty, I'm almost sure that is the unanimous vote. Besides having more goddess cubes/chests, I'd like to have mini missions take place on Sky Islands and Island Masses. Like, say Skyloftian Rebecca was somehow swept away onto Island XYZ. XYZ is actually a minidungeon in itself – combat based or puzzle based, then at the end of that dungeon you find Rebecca safe and sound, get your usual Gratitude Crystal reward (from 1 to 10 Crystals depending on how fast you completed the dungeon perhaps?), then you could maybe take her back to Skyloft on your Loftwing but with a speed decrease due to carrying two people. Having those to be replayable and with increasing difficulty (even if having the True Best Blade enemies should have about 10x defense so they have to take many hits), that would make for enough in my mind to do. Oh, and of course SS doesn't have a gauntlet. One could argue that Boss Rush is a gauntlet and it is, but it isn't like that of Cave of Ordeals or Savage Labyrinth, which disappoints.

With Grooseland, I wish there were more than three areas to explore. We see the same areas all the time, and there is no Grooseland Field to connect the land which is so ridiculous. Many NPCs could've been added as well, Grooseland lacked NPCs for sure.

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
I honestly feel exactly opposite. when the game started, i had actually started 2 wish there were no pieces of hearts so i could feel on track all of the time. Now, i have to deal with goddess cube locations, piece of heart locations, upgrades, potions, etc., etc. I love the idea of side quests, though. I love to take a break every dungeon when im stuck and help Fledge overcome his crippling deppresion of weakness.:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom