• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask I Think MM Should Be Remade

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Majora's Mask is my second favourite Zelda game and being that ocarina of time has been remade like three million times (sorry for the exageration) including OoT 3DS, I think they should do the same with MM, after all i think MM is better than OoT
Just think about it, Majora's Mask 3DS would be awesome, watching majora spinning towards you in the title screen coming at your face and possessing and destroying your soul... xD well seriously, things like transforming or becoming a giant with the Giant's Mask on 3D would kick ***, watching the moon really get closer to you and feel your doom at hand, Odolwa swinging his giant sword, Gyorg coming out of your screen to bite you.... and many more things
What do you guys think?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
No I wouldn't not on the 3DS. Personally I think Nintendo is getting carried away with remaking old games for the 3DS but instead should focus on making completely new for it. A bit of praise on the 3DS I love how it has it's own VC for older handheld games.

I actually think that would be a wonderful idea, but the reason they haven't thought about it is because Ocarina of Time is the first one they did with the newer graphics at the time so naturally since it is a very well known game and very popular they did it. Plus didn't the creator say that he wasn't content with the Water Temple so I'm thinking thats one of the reasons. Although I would love to see Majoras Mask in 3D since that game could very well fit the profile. Plus seeing the moon coming down at you on the final night would be great.

squadala

I don't like you either
I am totally for a MM remake on the 3DS. We can already see how great OoT looks, I can only imagine the improvements they could make with MM.

It would be cool to take Majoras Mask with me wherever I go (an updated version, nonetheless), but I'm not sure many would but it for the 3DS. It made record low returns on its first run through the market, and though it's gained popularity lately, I'm not sure it's done so enough to warrant a remake.

Kaiser Kami

Warrior of Kaiser
It will be remade...it better! If the 3ds remakes N64 games I can't wait for Mario 64, Star Fox, Banjo Kazooie, Conker, Smash bros, Pokemon Stadium (It may be Hey You Pikachu!) and a shat ton other games.

I mean, sure, why not, but aren't we all getting a LITTLE tired of remakes in Zelda? They're everywhere. Not that I have anything against remakes, it's just that too much of them can feel like an artificial way of prolonging the life (and, by extension, the $$$ income) of a video game series, and I don't want to see that happen to Zelda. Sure, occasional remakes are great, but not all over the place. Zelda games should try and move forward with occasional remakes. Too much of a good thing isn't a good thing. Sure, it's something your mother taught you when you were little, but it still applies when you grow up.

In short: Sure, a Majora's Mask remake would be great, I just don't want too many remakes.

Where do people come out saying there's been tons of remakes of Ocarina of Time... or any Zelda game, for that matter? Ocarina of Time has only been remade once, with the 3DS game. I suppose you could count Master's Quest, but I think that's more of an expansion. The original Legend of Zelda was remade once with BS The Legend of Zelda. I suppose you could say Link's Awakening DX was a remake, although that seems like a stretch. Aside from these games, most of them obscure... what else is there? I think y'all are confusing remakes with re-releases. There's nothing wrong with a re-release. A game that does well will always be re-released if more money can be made off it. Simple, harmless.

As for remaking Majora's Mask? Why? What could really be added to the game that makes it worth replaying through in a form different than before? Better graphics, or 3D graphics? I don't see that adding much. Ocarina of Time always felt to me like a somewhat rough game. It was top-tier; completely amazing. But it had areas that felt rough and somewhat lacking in polish. Majora's Mask may have had this somewhat, but it was a much more complete game. A very tight and very complete package.

What could they add to that? The only benefit of a remake that I can think of is it being on a handheld so it can be played on the go, but how does that warrant a full remake? The only reason you should remake a game is if you have something you can seriously add to the game. Ocarina of Time receiving a remake is almost a stretch, but Majora's Mask?

jugglaj91

I am me....
It has become rather absurd the number of requests for remakes of N64 games. Sure MM would be great on the go and all but there is a limit to everything and remakes is it. Although I don't think I could refuse Conker's Bad Fur Day remake for the 3DS.

And I am with Axle on the remakes being confused as re-released. Seems to be common as of late.

No I wouldn't not on the 3DS. Personally I think Nintendo is getting carried away with remaking old games for the 3DS but instead should focus on making completely new for it. A bit of praise on the 3DS I love how it has it's own VC for older handheld games.

Must agree with you mate.
Doing remakes of games any game is a terrible idea.:embarrassed::shake:
Instead of doing remakes, make new exciting games or even new games characters.
Have Nintendo run out of ideas that they resort to boring remakes.
Seems Nintendo are going the same way as Hollywood directors, and that is a very bad thing.:sick:

What is the sense in remakes other than being greedy for money.

I totally disagree. Majora's Mask is a great game, I don't see anything that should be remade about it. I don't understand how most of you guys want it redone into a 3DS. What do you want changed? Almost everything is great, and I don't think anything should be redone. It is just remarkable that Nintendo didn't even remade it yet! (What I meant by that was they remade Ocarina of Time into a Masterquest and now a 3DS, but you guys are mature enough to know what I mean.)

Majora's Mask is just one of those games that shouldn't be remade. I love it the way it is and I don't want it remade. I really don't want it it to.

As for remaking Majora's Mask? Why? What could really be added to the game that makes it worth replaying through in a form different than before? Better graphics, or 3D graphics? I don't see that adding much. Ocarina of Time always felt to me like a somewhat rough game. It was top-tier; completely amazing. But it had areas that felt rough and somewhat lacking in polish. Majora's Mask may have had this somewhat, but it was a much more complete game. A very tight and very complete package.

I agree so much with you.

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
Where do people come out saying there's been tons of remakes of Ocarina of Time... or any Zelda game, for that matter? Ocarina of Time has only been remade once, with the 3DS game. I suppose you could count Master's Quest, but I think that's more of an expansion. The original Legend of Zelda was remade once with BS The Legend of Zelda. I suppose you could say Link's Awakening DX was a remake, although that seems like a stretch. Aside from these games, most of them obscure... what else is there? I think y'all are confusing remakes with re-releases. There's nothing wrong with a re-release. A game that does well will always be re-released if more money can be made off it. Simple, harmless.

What could they add to that? The only benefit of a remake that I can think of is it being on a handheld so it can be played on the go, but how does that warrant a full remake? The only reason you should remake a game is if you have something you can seriously add to the game. Ocarina of Time receiving a remake is almost a stretch, but Majora's Mask?
I agree, OoT could use a remake more than majora's mask. Its an older game, there's more to improve upon and obviously it is a much better decision commercially. Even with that said, Majora's Mask is one of my favorite games of all time and just for the enhanced graphics and portability, I would probably play an MM remake more than an OoT one.

Last edited:
D

Dark_Link

I thnk MM will proboly be remade for the 3DS but i say OoT is better then MM. In most ways

while I really like MM and it is one of my favorite games, I agree with hylian knight in that i don't like remakes. they ARE a nice way to allow people with only new systems to play old games, but i feel that it would be better if the makers spent more time on new games. I would really like a new game that's gameplay is simular to MM. Nice things about MM are:

1. New, never before seen world. I know other games have done the same, but Termina is probably the nicest. It's simple in its overall layout, but when you're actually in the areas, you find that it's surprisingly complex. A Termina like land should definitely be added into a future game.

2. Ability to transform into new characters. This is one of my favorite aspects of MM and should come back, though it doesn't has to be in the form of masks. It just has to be included in some way.

3. Finally, all the sidequests. I really like the number of these in this game, because if you're stuck in the story, you can almost always find a sidequest to make you more powerful. This is very nice, especially in a hard game like MM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom