• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess I Think It's the Weakest Zelda

Kybyrian

I don't think TP is a bad game -- quite the contrary -- it's a great game. The biggest problem though is that it could have done so much more. That's what I feel is the problem with its inconsistency; it shows you how great it can be, and then it segues into a much weaker portion of the game that doesn't look like it had much effort put into it. It gives you a great high, but the crash feels so much worse when it doesn't feel like there were any measures taken to prevent it. It's more of a matter that the game showed such great potential early on in the game, but it felt to me like it stopped expanding on what it had already achieved.

I've noticed this as well, and it sort of upsets me. Twilight Princess had the potential to be an absolutely amazing game. Something that would knock you off of your feet if they had put even more effort into it. It just seemed that early on in the game it built you up for something great by doing great things, and then it suddenly freezes in its tracks. They could have done so much more and made the game even more astounding. If they would have just taken more time and tried to keep it from crashing as it did after the beginning them it would have had the potential to outshine just about any of the other Zelda games. I believe that I had much more enjoyment starting Twilight Princess than I did while finishing it. I don't typically pay much attention to the high and low points of a game, but I certainly did in Twilight Princess. I was very excited for this game, and couldn't wait to get to playing it. You start and it's all absolutely wonderful, and then suddenly it kind of just stops right there. It's like you were being given all you could ever want early on and then it suddenly it quits.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
By the way, when you said how Nintendo may have made TP easier to attract new players, specially the casual audience from the Wii, something that I always thought very important came to my mind: when we were kids, with absolutely no ability in gaming, we still played HARD games, and we enjoyed it!

I think a casual player doesn't need an easy game, what he needs is a game that doesn't confuse him!

(middle portion deleted by me, not the OP)

I think you're saying two different things here. Kids aren't necessarily casual gamers. When I was a kid, I had a lot more time to focus on games than I do now. You may have trouble with a kid's attention span, but only some kids, and for that matter, even kids with a short attention span can get focused on one particular thing that interests them - it's hard to predict how someone will react to a game.

On the other hand, I call myself a casual gamer now, but it's mainly because I don't have time to play many and have chosen to concentrate on Zelda. I do think you're pretty spot-on that a game doesn't have to be easy, but rather, non-confusing, for a casual gamer. However, I don't think there's anything wrong with having varying degrees of difficulty in a series. One reason I sit down to play a Zelda game is because I like wandering around, exploring. If I get stuck at a puzzle and stare at it for three hours, I'm not exploring. Now, some people like getting stuck for hours, and seriously, more power to you (*gives :triforce:*). But there are different audiences out there to please. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same one each game.

...And totally off-topic, but your kinstone siggy is really, really cute. XD

I totally love getting stuck for hours... hahaha
I mean, I miss getting stuck during certain parts, it prolongs the experience for me? Adds challenge, and adds a higher satisfaction for me. I feel Twilight Princess didn't do this at all, let alone enough. I only got stuck on one part on the City in the Sky.

Last edited:
Z

zbygy9

Definitely the weakest 3D Zelda. But still good! I feel like skyward sword is gonna totally show this game up... hopefully.

Bosses in this game were way to easy. I remember ganon being a bit tricky towards the end, but it was just too easy of a game overall.

I felt i wanted more from the overworld for some reason. It was bigger and better, but something was still missing. The ocean in windwaker blew it away. Now, my memory is a little fuzzy but I almost feel like the dark world added linearity to the game. Sometimes it just felt restricted. Can't quite describe it perfectly... Maybe I should play it again soon. :b

Why Do People Hate Twilight Princess?

I was just wondering because it was bothering me a little. I am wondering why do people hate the Twilight Princess? I thought it was a unique game, except the matter of the same formula, but it was really creative and interesting. It had lot's of emotions in the game like Midna leaving and Link doesn't want her to leave. The game was weird in a few ways but was worth the money and time of playing. I had fun playing. I know it wasn't like a successful Zelda game like Majora's Mask, but it's hard to come up with new ideas and you should give Nintendo some credit for the ideas that their making. If anything, Minish Cap should be downed.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
TP is a great game, one of my favorites of all time and I think that its unique and creative and I had so much fun playing it. I got the same problem too: I got a friend and according to him: "TP id boring cause it was the same as OoT and it feels like playing the same thing again". I don't think so, sure, the games had some similarities on their base and dungeons but the game is fun and bring some new awesome features. And here's what I don't get, let's say that TP is the same as OoT, what so boring about replaying one of the greatest games of all time?! So from what you get here is that some people (not me!) hate TP because they claim its too much like OoT.
There's nothing bad with MC, I had lots of fun with it too, not as much like I had with TP but still. You shouldn't try to protect TP by saying other games are bad.

So from what you get here is that some people (not me!) hate TP because they claim its too much like OoT.

That's something I find annoying when some people say that. OoT had more similarities to ALttP than TP did with OoT.

David

But you called me here...
Shouldn't this be discussed in the Modern Zelda Thread? But anyway, a lot of people don't hate TP. Most just dislike it more than some of the other Zelda games. Its not that the game was horrible or that they game play was terrible. People just have their own opinions and experiences that govern how they feel about certain things.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
(*sigh*) World of Zelda... or maybe Modern Zelda...:thinking:

I honestly think that Twilight Princess is one of the best games I ever played, but it's frustrating for me, since I can't figure out how to to the Sand temple and blah blah blah. But it's probably something about the controls, since I honestly have not grasped the controls yet, even though I had this game for like, two years. Or maybe it's just that people beat it so many times, it's getting boring. Either way, in my opinion, it's a really good game. Great plot... good back stories... great graphics... involvement of Princess Zelda... :3

dumb180

Warrior Postman
I like Twilight Princess for a lot of the reasons mentioned here. Much of the story is pretty good, as was the graphical style, and the music was fantastic. I particularly liked a few of the dungeons, though I didn't much care for the Wii Remote controls.

If there's something that I really dislike about TP, it's the Oocca. The apparent creation of the Hylians is a detail that I'd like to wipe from my Zelda memory. ;) Hopefully Nintendo will do as much in a future game.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
I liked Twilight Princess honestly, more than a lot of other Zelda games. and I really think a lot of people don't give it enough credit. A lot of the younger people here probably experienced that as their first Zelda game (including me) and it was what inevitably brought them here. I like to think of it as more of a way to get people interested in Zelda (in general) than just a bad game. And if you compare it other non-Zelda games. It's pretty good.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
I loved Twilight Princess it was a very good game and one of the most enjoyable games i've ever played. The story was good and Midna is an excellent character. The Dungeon's are fun and Wolf Link was a great idea. Twilight Princess isn't my favourite Zelda but its still a great game.:yes:

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Well people got bored of the whole game being dark and it repeating Alttp and Oot. It was the Forest, Fire, Water followed by an advancement in the story then having to go through several more dungeons but that idea was already used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom