• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time I Played the OOT Demo at Pax East. Ask Me Anything!

P

Peacelovekid

I don't know quite how I would talk about my experience playing the game at pax east, so I thought I would just answer some questions about it Reddit-style. If you're wondering anything about the demo or the 3D experience, ask away!

Young Link

Grasshopper
Hi there. So, my question is about the graphics: How were they? Were they cartoonish like in Wind Waker, 'cause they did look kinda cartonny in the videos I watched. And also, were they bright? Just curious.

About the 3D effects: is it actually 3D like coming off the screen type of 3D or is it like depth (does it feel more like you're looking through a window)? I think the second sounds more logical for 3D without glasses but it's just something I've been wondering.

P

Peacelovekid

Young Link: The graphics were slightly cartoony, but very different from the Wind Waker. Think of it like an evolution of the original's graphics.
Mono41: It's the second, it makes a kind of "looking into a fishbowl effect. It rarely jumps off the screen.

does link move faster,is the 3D effect worthy of paying so much money for a 3ds,is the remake good,are graphics childish or more realistic,and how does the cutscenes compare to the original oot

P

Peacelovekid

How fluid is the gameplay? Which buttons are used for items?
The gameplay is extremely fluid, running at an amazingly good framerate for a handheld. The X, Y, and I think R buttons were used for items. The sword was mapped to the B button.

does link move faster,is the 3D effect worthy of paying so much money for a 3ds,is the remake good,are graphics childish or more realistic,and how does the cutscenes compare to the original oot
Link moves a tad faster. I wouldn't pay 250$ JUST for the 3D effects, but I will because of all of the new games, features, and power under the hood I think it's well worth the price. I wouldn't call the graphics childish, but I wouldn't say they're realistic either. They are cartoony, but they're very expressive and fantastical. The cutscenes are very similar to the original game, but they are accentuated by the improved graphics and sound. It seems the camera angles are more professional this time around as well.

Ha yes thanks for that i am now going to buy and play many times again as i did with the 64 version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom