• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Ordered a Ouya

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I still don't know :? about that system. When you get it, you have to tell me all abuot it because it sounds very obscure.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'm not entirely sold on the Ouya. I liked the concept, and continue to like the concept, but what works on paper doesn't always work right in practice. And I think the Ouya could be the latter. That said, it's just going to take a few quality games for my to pick one up, and I know there's one game that everyone's been raving about recently, but, I'd personally need to see more.

But I disliked a few things I heard, like negative things about input and lag, as well as the fact it'll be updating per year, like mobiles. I understand that's to stay competitive and lagging console hardware is a problem, but, yearly updates? Bit too much for me, for an entire platform. I'd love to be proven wrong and for it to work amazing but, I'll wait for that day, rather than buy it and hope for that day.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
All I read was "emulation up to PS1/DS" and I want to be sold on it...but what I'm looking for is PS2 emulation :I

Ah, well, it sounds good enough. Not talking about the emulation bit, but for people to sort of "develop" on. Thanks, TLH, for the explanation ^^

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
I don't really like the Ouya, it looks far too flawed. It just seems pretty pointless to me, I don't like the concept. I think it was the PM of Ouya saying that she "wanted gaming to return to the TV". As far as I'm aware, gaming never really left the TV!

Also, isn't it just Android games? Games that you can get on Mobile and Tablet devices? Games MADE for those platforms? I don't know, I'm far from sold on this concept...

ILU

i luv u
I really like the idea of it and want to buy one myself. I think there is a lot of potential here, and while OUYA might not bring about big changes from the start, I think the idea behind it will lead to some ground-breaking advances in the gaming industry due to more freedom and accessibility for small/individual indie developers.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I don't really like the Ouya, it looks far too flawed. It just seems pretty pointless to me, I don't like the concept. I think it was the PM of Ouya saying that she "wanted gaming to return to the TV". As far as I'm aware, gaming never really left the TV!

Also, isn't it just Android games? Games that you can get on Mobile and Tablet devices? Games MADE for those platforms? I don't know, I'm far from sold on this concept...
Android is an operating system, so its technically only limited by what is developed for it. It can play those mobile games, or any other ported game.
But I honestly don't have much interest in the Ouya, and dont' expect it to be a great success. Like you said people will view it as a way to play mobile games, or have to port to it.

Its not worth porting to it if they dont' sell alot of units.

Its not worth developing for, when some one can develop for mobiles specifically, or higher end games make more sense to be developed for actual consoles which are more powerful and have a larger audience.

A $99 emulation device that attaches to your TV sounds like a good idea to me. I wonder if it can play the RPG maker games?

The fact that it runs on an Android operating system is a bit of a turn off for me, though. I don't have anything against android, but it just sounds limiting to me. :/ Hopefully, they'll pull it off well.

I think Valve's Steam Box thingi will do better, but I'm sure Ouya will be good
Isn't that steam box like $500 though? Maybe I heard wrong.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
A $99 emulation device that attaches to your TV sounds like a good idea to me. I wonder if it can play the RPG maker games?

The fact that it runs on an Android operating system is a bit of a turn off for me, though. I don't have anything against android, but it just sounds limiting to me. :/ Hopefully, they'll pull it off well.

Isn't that steam box like $500 though? Maybe I heard wrong.

I'm pretty sure the Steam-box-Piston thing has different models, so it will depend on how much you're willing to sink into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom