• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time I Never Really Thought Navi Was That Annoying Until Now.

Everyone hates her, she is a minor annoyance i get it. But she never really bothered me she gave hints i got why she was there. But a little bit into oot3d she freaking told me to take a break and how to save the game in the middle of playing. If you cant figure out how to save on your own, you shouldnt be playing. If you can figure out when you need to take a break on your own, you shouldnt be playing.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I actually have yet to see her pop up and tell me about a break and such but, it's always sounded to me like a good warning mechanic. Yes, it's likely very annoying but the whole point of it is that you actually end up paying attention to the warning because it's like that.

How many people truthfully read the health instructions on the 3DS? Now compare that to how many people might actually acknowledge a warning obnoxiously popping up in the middle of a game, one that many would like to attempt to simply blast through the game in large sessions.
They're just trying to cover themselves so people don't decide to try and blame them for any health issues.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
LOL really?! I just usually ignore her since I know Ocarina of Time inside out. But what I really love is how the annoyance of Navi is nostalgic! Everytime I hear a "Hey!, Listen!" I just smirk and continue to play. But since you stated that she tells you to take a break I really wanna see that!

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
LOL really?! I just usually ignore her since I know Ocarina of Time inside out. But what I really love is how the annoyance of Navi is nostalgic! Everytime I hear a "Hey!, Listen!" I just smirk and continue to play. But since you stated that she tells you to take a break I really wanna see that!

It's not like the physically says "Take a break!". She tells you through text.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I thought it was kind of annoying but yeah, Nintendo's been doing that with lots of games. Maybe if you play with 3D for a REALLY long amount of time your eyes start to suffer or something, so they want to be sure no lawsuits come from it.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Nintendo's been plastering health/safety information in their systems since the Nintendo DS came out, but to see it to where it is inside of gameplay, that's a bit strange. I may not own a 3DS or even have held one before, but ever since the DS, every time the system even boots up, you're reminded to review the health/safety guide. The Wii says it twice: when you turn the system on, and before you play the game. (Some titles also have health advisements mid-game)

I mean, researchers have said that it's perfectly fine to have children less than six years of age playing (in fact, it's recommended to find vision defects early on), yet Nintendo says that parents should disable the 3D feature for young children. I'm guessing that Nintendo is just trying to be cautious, for there could always be one or two people that end up injuring themselves playing Ocarina of Time 3D or any other 3DS game...

(For the record, I've been replaying OoT and MM to compensate for my lack of OoT3D, and I must say, Tatl is definitely more annoying than Navi with her bell. >.<)

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I wouldn't be a fan of that, but I just wouldn't "Hey! Listen!" to that.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'm the same way. I had no problem with Navi in OoT.
But I've made it worse by customizing my skype sounds, so now every time Navi wants my attention, I think someone's talking to me on skype!

Zaeker

Overlord of Userbars
I hear the voices everywhere...

I'm the same way. I had no problem with Navi in OoT.
But I've made it worse by customizing my skype sounds, so now every time Navi wants my attention, I think someone's talking to me on skype!

Try replacing all the sounds on your computer with Navi's voice! Every time you open a program, "Hey!" and every time you start up your computer "Listen" and so on...
I will never forget that mistake... -.-

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Next you won't see warnings to stop playing after a while anymore. Soon Nintendo will just program the thing to shut off automatically after so long. And not turn back on for at least an hour. It's the direction the industry is going.

I hope to god that this day never comes.

this was obviously in reference to the last post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom