• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask I Never Have Trouble with the Collectors Edition Disc.

In majora's mask on the collectors addition disc, i never have any trouble with it freezing... why do some people have trouble with it? Is it just the disc or something else?

MW7

Well it's totally possible that the problem only occurs with certain discs and you happen to have one that works perfectly. It's also possible that you have a defective disc but it just hasn't happened to freeze on you yet. I know for certain that the freezing glitch is real though (meaning not only due to disc damage) because I received my collector's edition in the original offer and it has never worked perfectly.

Mine would freeze on me now and then. I think its actually great if you can beat the game on the disc becasue the freezing adds a challenge to the game. I had to redo many dungeons because of the freeze glitch. I got it on wii VC instead (well because it was free through club nintendo) so I wouldnt worry about freeze glitch. Also on wii vc then you dont needto worry about gamecube memory card.

It's nothing to do with the condition of the disc, it's an in-game bug that freezes the game randomly and unexpectingly. Because this only occurs when playing Majora's Mask, The problem points towards a porting bug. If you haven't encountered this bug yet, then you've been lucky.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
It's on all the discs, they just put to much on 1 disc and because Majora's Mask was last it got the bug. The game is very slow at first, you need to wait for it to warm up once you start. If you push it to far to fast then you will have a better chance of it freezing (like if you speed run from room to room really fast then it will freeze). I remember when I was playing the Great Bay Temple, I was speeding through it and I noticed it was going slower, so then when I opened a chest..it froze. I know now to be more careful and the game works just fine. As long as you don't rush through the game on the Collector's Edition you'll be fine.
Also I got it used from Gamestop in one of those yellow cases 3 years ago, so it's not with the disc. I also have the VC version but I prefer the CE version.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Most people have trouble with the disc, while a few have trouble with the game. I'm not sure why people have trouble with the game though, I think it's just the games quality.

I know now to be more careful and the game works just fine. As long as you don't rush through the game on the Collector's Edition you'll be fine.

Hmm, I wasn't rushing through Majora's Mask and the Game still froze. But I think you may be right on pushing it too far, I did play Majora's Mask for a good 4 hours straight.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I just recently bought the Collector's Edition off someone on Ebay. I hope this freezing glitch does not happen to me, as I know how irritating it is for it to happen to someone.

I'm playing MM at the moment and till now it has frozen four times. ><; And I've only just entered the Great Bay Temple. xD

So I save whenever it's possible... But since it's MM, that's not very often. ><;

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
Hmm, I had the Collector's Disc for a while, and I've heard of this problem, but never ran across it myself. But I assume I'm just lucky.

Wasn't there a warning or something about this before you actually even started playing the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom