• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Help I Need Some Tech Help. Trouble Running Games.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
So, I'm having a lot of trouble playing Skyrim on my PC. I don't understand what's wrong but I tried the game in my friend’s computer and it worked fine. That leads me to believe there are some issues with my setup. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm trying to run the game on my 1996 Gateway laptop. I’m not sure what the model name is; I can’t find it on the computer itself and the books that came with the computer were lost long ago. I realize that the comp itself is a bit old, but Gateway is known for making solid hardware overall.

Its specs are below:

It has 256 MB of DDR-400. Finally got around to upgrading from 4 MB of RAM.

It has a 512 MB IDE hard drive.

It has a 16-bit accelerated AMD video card.

It has an awesome '97 RCA wavetable synthesis sound card. Creative Sound Blaster 16 (bit).

It has a 1985 Intel i386 12 MHz processor.

I have a 9.6 kb/s modem.

I just bought a brand new IDE (8x) CD-ROM (off Ebay) to replace my floppy drive.

It has an 800 x 600, 8-bit resolution screen.

It runs on Windows 3.1 OS.

Anyway, I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. I tried closing all other programs, like Windows Clock and the email client, but I still can't get it to run. I'm wondering if the modem is too slow? I know I probably should upgrade to a real 56k modem, but I just haven't got around to it. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, by the way, the laptop has a parallel port on the side, do you think I could attach something to it to make the computer run Skyrim? Anyway, I hope this information helps and I get some advice on what to do to run the game.

Oh, by the way, the laptop has a parallel port on the side, do you think I could attach something to it to make the computer run Skyrim? Anyway, I hope this information helps and I get some advice on what to do to run the game.

Missed this detail the first time through, but try giving it a bagel with cream cheese (through the parallel port). Sometime it just gets hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom