• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Need Some Help!!

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I'm having trouble understanding the Civil War and the Imprisoning/Seal War. I want to know were exactly they fit and why people call them the same wars. I'm confused because I thought in the Civil War the Sheikah(interlopers) were sent to the Twili Realm and Imprisoning War Ganon was trapped in the dark world. How can they be the same when they end the different ways? I'm also confused about the sages. I don't get how the sages in OOT are the same in TP when they look so different and where do the sages and their daughters in ALttP come in to play. If someone could help me out here that would be great. I'm just really confused about the wars, and the sages.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't believe anyone says these two wars are the same. Anyway, the Seal War (same thing as the Imprisoning War) was originally Ocarina of Time, but was later decided not to be due to flaws in connecting the two properly. The Civil War is an ancient war long before Ocarina of Time. The "dark interlopers" (only speculated to be the Sheikah) were sealed at the end, yes. And Ganon was sealed in the Dark World at the end of the Seal War. And the Sages. The Sages in TP (most likely) aren't the same ones from OoT, as they weren't awakened on the CT (the time Link came back to at the end of OoT). The Maidens in ALttP are the descendants of the "seven wise men" (re-written "Sages" in the GBA remake) that aided in the Seal War. Hope that helped.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Okay that makes sense but I still have some questions. What were the purposes of the two wars? Did the civil war take place right after Hyrule was created? And if the seal war happens before OOT and at the end of it Ganon is sealed, why do we see him in OOT.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The civil war happened about a decade before OoT (though we don't know how long it lasted--it ended within a decade before OoT, but it may have started long before that). In that war, the different races were fighting each other (theoretically over the Triforce, as one of the Fierce Wars), until they were united under the Hylian Royal Family.

The Seal War was OoT. Ganon was sealed at the end of the game. It's possible that it may be some time after OoT now due to retcon.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
The civil war happened about a decade before OoT (though we don't know how long it lasted--it ended within a decade before OoT, but it may have started long before that). In that war, the different races were fighting each other (theoretically over the Triforce, as one of the Fierce Wars), until they were united under the Hylian Royal Family.

The Seal War was OoT. Ganon was sealed at the end of the game. It's possible that it may be some time after OoT now due to retcon.

Oh, crap, I got the Civil War mixed up with the Interloper War. I'm just so used to it being called the Unification War. Sorry 'bout that.

Garo

Boy Wonder
The Sages in TP (most likely) aren't the same ones from OoT, as they weren't awakened on the CT (the time Link came back to at the end of OoT).

Why not? I would think that they would be awakened since Ganon wasn't around to obscure the call from the Temples with whatever sort of curses or monsters he placed in them. Without all of that, the five sages that Link awakened during the events of the game would have been awakened anyway when the temples began to sound the call.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Why not? I would think that they would be awakened since Ganon wasn't around to obscure the call from the Temples with whatever sort of curses or monsters he placed in them. Without all of that, the five sages that Link awakened during the events of the game would have been awakened anyway when the temples began to sound the call.

That's the thing, they wouldn't need to be awakened with Ganondorf not coming to power.

Garo

Boy Wonder
That's the thing, they wouldn't need to be awakened with Ganondorf not coming to power.

It's kinda sketchy. My reading of the Sage's story in Twilight Princess was that most of the events in Ocarina of Time were fated to occur (hence the "divine prank"). Since it has been established that the Ganondorf we see in Twilight Princess is the same Ganondorf in the Child Timeline (based on Aonuma's comments that it is parallel to Wind Waker), one could put forth the argument that the Sages were awakened to address Ganondorf's execution/crimes that led to his execution.

I think it really all boils down to how much power fate and the gods have over the events in the child timeline in Hyrule after Link goes off in search of Navi.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It's kinda sketchy. My reading of the Sage's story in Twilight Princess was that most of the events in Ocarina of Time were fated to occur (hence the "divine prank"). Since it has been established that the Ganondorf we see in Twilight Princess is the same Ganondorf in the Child Timeline (based on Aonuma's comments that it is parallel to Wind Waker), one could put forth the argument that the Sages were awakened to address Ganondorf's execution/crimes that led to his execution.

I think it really all boils down to how much power fate and the gods have over the events in the child timeline in Hyrule after Link goes off in search of Navi.

It's not really proven either way, but I would assume that they're not. That's just me. And the "divine prank of the gods" would be the Triforce splitting on its own somehow.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Why did the new Sages need to be awakened on the AT anyway? Rauru was still alive, where were all the rest? It's likely that Ganon killed them, just like with Fado and Laruto before the flood. On the CT therefore, the Sages would not have been killed, so we'd still see the old Sages from before OoT in TP. This makes sense if the Sages we see are the same ones who have guarded the Twilight Mirror since the creation of the Twilight Realm, which happened long before OoT (theoretically during SS...). It's been a while, but I do remember looking into the script and noting that it isn't clearly stated whether these same Sages were around that long, but I think there's enough reason to assume that.

Garo

Boy Wonder
It's not really proven either way, but I would assume that they're not. That's just me. And the "divine prank of the gods" would be the Triforce splitting on its own somehow.

Right, and I think that the Triforce splitting on its own is an act of fate. The pieces go to Ganondorf, Zelda and Link just as they did in the Adult Timeline events of Ocarina of Time.

I think it complicates things less if they are the same, as if they aren't, it brings up the question of who they actually are. Some random sages? Hyrule has a surplus of them it would seem.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
ALRIGHTY! sweet, I'm finally getting the Seal War and the Civil War but I'm still having confusions about the Interloper War in Twilight Princess. Is it the same war as one of the other two? or is it different? And does the Seal War take place while Link is in the sacred realm for seven years?

Garo

Boy Wonder
ALRIGHTY! sweet, I'm finally getting the Seal War and the Civil War but I'm still having confusions about the Interloper War in Twilight Princess. Is it the same war as one of the other two? or is it different? And does the Seal War take place while Link is in the sacred realm for seven years?

The Seal War is an event similar to the events of Ocarina of Time, but not an event currently chronicled by a Zelda game. The Civil War is the war in which the various races of Hyrule vied for dominance before it was unified under the Hyrulean Royal Family. This war occurred some 17 years or so before Ocarina of Time, as a young Link was left with the Great Deku Tree by his mother, a Hylian wishing to protect her child from the war. This was revealed to Link by the Great Deku Sprout after the Forest Temple.

So, chronologically:

Civil War -- (~17 Years) -- Ocarina of Time -- (undefined amount of time) -- Seal War -- (undefined amount of time) -- A Link to the Past

As for the Interloper War, I'm not sure about that one. I've only played Twilight Princess twice, so I'm not the person to ask about that one. JuiceJ probably knows a lot better than I do.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!

The Interloper War is a war long before Ocarina of Time (I misspoke earlier thinking that it and the Civil War were the same for some odd reason). It was before the Temple of Time was built, and I'm sure will be taking place in Skyward Sword. At least the end of it where the "dark interlopers" are sealed.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
The Interloper War is a war long before Ocarina of Time (I misspoke earlier thinking that it and the Civil War were the same for some odd reason). It was before the Temple of Time was built, and I'm sure will be taking place in Skyward Sword. At least the end of it where the "dark interlopers" are sealed.

So you think that the danger going on in Hyrule below Skyloft is going to be the Interloper War? If it is that will clear up so much confusion XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom