• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Need Help with ALttP

This game is always a troublesome one to place but I can't figure out what timeline to put it on, can somebody help me out?

FSA is the prequel to ALttP and explains how Ganon (the new one) gains the Trident of Power, and Ganon with the trident returns in LA (the nightmare has the outline of the trident), OOX, LoZ and by association AoL (sequel to LoZ) but Twinrova appears prominently in OOX but is clearly dead in the adult ending meaning FSA, ALttP, OOX, LOZ, AoL and LA must take place on the CT as they are all related.

However, the BS of ALttP mentions the Seal War which never happens in the Child Timeline as far as I know and so they can't go on the Child Timeline either, also the maps of the original two zeldas hint at flooding of the land and the towns are named after the sages in OOT and Mido (for some reason) meaning it is more unlikely these games happen on the CT.

Can anyone please help me out on this one as I feel this could help me finish my timeline theory as I feel I have everything else sorted.

Any help would be appreciated :)

However, the BS of ALttP mentions the Seal War which never happens in the Child Timeline as far as I know
It was confirmed to be the Seal War in 1998 and Ganon was confirmed to be the same. Then TWW came out and it isn't completely certain anymore. Imo the SW taking place on the CT is just as likely as it being OoT now.

Sorry, but everyone is pretty much just going to make their own assumptions towards this subject because they are as clueless as you. No offence of course, I am clueless about it all too, and your not going to get any official, definite answer on this subject. Right now, I put ALttP on my CT, like this:

....../--WW/PH--ST
OoT
.....\MM--TP--ALttP/LA--OoX--LoZ/AoL

As for MC, FS, and FSA, I don't know where I want to put them, so I left them out.

To me it seems like this is the most difficult game to place.

People so far are pushing it onto the CT but that would mean that:-

- The land change means nothing really and is just gameplay orientated

- ALttP is the legend of the Seal War as Link told it to Zelda and the King possibly and his word was taken as truth and so he and those who helped him were made heroes of hyrule and had the towns named after them

BUT:-

- There were no sages awakened and so how could they have ancestors unless they were just named sages but had no sagely power.

- The sages of OOT were of different races altogether but all the sages in ALttP seem Hylian how could this have happened?

The only explanation I can think of is Zauz (sp?) from PH who seems part Hylian/part Gerudo although even in the large stretch of time between OOT and ALttP could the genes of Zoras, Gorons, Kokiri (lesser extent), Gerudo and Sheikah (lesser extent also) become so recessive when mixed with Hylian that they become impossible to see as their original races.

PLEASE READ- These are NOT my personal thoughts but are suggestions that I have put down for someone to build one and/or dismiss

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
I wouldn't mind the imprisoning/sealing war, nothing exactly like that has ever happened in a zelda game. Some people say it's oot, but link is there wielding the mastersword, and doing all the work apparently.

It's not definite original loz and link to the past are on the same side, and there sure are at least a few reasons to put alttp on the child line.
Some examples.

• Twinrova. Link's awakening is often considered a sequel to alttp, and there may be some connection with oox. And twinrova is dead on adult timeline. The arguement against it, though would be that he travels by sea (however it might not matter, as that does not mean there wouldn't be some sea or ocaen in hyrule, after all link was travelling to a far away land, so there could be an ocean farther out). But, I think it was miyamoto, that said LA could be anywhere after ocarina of time.
  • Master sword's location.
  • Pendants of virtue. They may be made from the three spirit. stones. We see pearls in the wind waker, but that's a different material, so I think we can assume the spirituall stones are let forgotten underwater. They might have been rediscovered though if Alttp was on the adult line though.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Master sword's location.

THIS.

The place in where the Master Sword "sleeps" in OoT, as we all know, is the Temple of Time, in TP, we see it in the ruins, and, in ALttP, the grove where it lies, strongly resembles the place where it was in TP, but with the ruins long gone.
This helps eradicating some theories that i've seen that ALttP along with LA and OoX are in the Adult Timeline.

About the IW and OoT.
There's a very interesting thread in this section about it, one of the last ones, so, go to the next page and see it, the title is very suggestive.
OoT, imo, is NOT the Imprisoning War, or, at least, not for the CT.
This may be speculating a bit, and I am expecting some bashing because of this, but maybe, just maybe, CT's IW is different from AT's one.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Resolve the Seal War, and you can resolve the placement of aLttP. The only problem is...there really isn't anyway to resolve the Seal War without resorting to speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom