• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Help I NEED HALP!

Sooo im trying to upgrade my beetle and bow but, for that you need goddess Plumes, in my first run through of the game i had an abundance of them but in my new save file in all of the treasure chests that contain a rare item (goddess plume, golden skull, evil crystal or blue bird feather) have not contained ANY goddess plumes (and for that matter only 1 evvil crystal...). according to IGN

"Bomb the wall near where Erla stood in the Kikwi Hunt to find a Goddess Plume in a chest.
Given to you in Bamboo Island when you get 28 or more slices on the Clean Cut Challenge mini-game.
Given to you by uncovering all the Rupees in Thrill Digger on Expert Mode.
Purchase from the Moonlight Merchant for 200 Rupees.
In waterfall island. Use the harp where a few Blessed Butterflies are congregated. This will cause a gossip Stone to come forth, bringing a Goddess Plume with it.
A chest on top of a pillar in Lanayru Mine, immediately after the part where you must roll a bomb across an impassable length of sand to trigger a time crystal.
A chest in the southern region of Lanayru Desert near where you first enter the desert. Hit the Timeshift Stone to follow some vines to this chest.
"

that is where to find goddess plumes, ive checked in all these locations, and got nothin good just gold skulls. I know that one of the things you can get from bamboo island and thrill digger are them but are there, ANY easier ways of getting goddess plumes cause i suck at both mini games.

Also, I dont believe the Moonlight merchant is in the EU version of the game, In both times ive played through the game i have never seen any butterflies in waterfall cave so dont say " OH WELL DURRRRR YOU CAN JUST BUY EM FROM THE MOONLIGHT MERCHANT!"

so if anyone can help, thanks (:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
No Moonlight Merchant? Have you checked the waterfall cave at night? As its name suggests, the Moonlight Merchant will only appear at night. And as far as the chests go, they're usually a random rare treasure, not a Goddess Plume every time. I know I never got a Goddess Plume from all of them. If you can't find the Moonlight Merchant, then I really don't know what to tell you. You could just try to win the minigames or carry around the cursed medal and the treasure medal, because that sometimes causes Goddess Plumes to appear in the field like Amber Relics do, but that isn't exactly the easy way.

EDIT: I learned that you can only find the Moonlight Merchant after you clear the Goddess's Silent Realm. So, I would recommend waiting until you get farther in the game before upgrading.

Last edited:

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
There are no glitches in this category - Moonlight Merchant appers in all version of the game, but you must beat Skyloft's Silent Realm first. After that, he will appear in Waterfall cave, but only at night.

The easiest way to get Goddess Plumes is Clean Cut challenge - score 28+ points and you will randomly get one of these three items - Blue Bird Feather, Golden Skull or Goddess Plume.

Items in treasure chests (at least some of them) are random. You can also search for Amber Relics. In rare occasions, Amber Relic will be replaced by Goddess Plume.

Fig

The Altruist
Aren't the prizes inside any chest random except for those with badges and heart pieces? What you should do is save before opening and continue restarting until you get a prize of your liking. It worked with me, but then I just got bored within minutes. :lol:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
The treasures are randomized by level, so finding them in chests is hit-and-miss.

You can also find them lying around in same places as Amber Relics or Dusk Relics in Silent Realms. Its just rare as hell.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh yes the Moonlight Merchant is definitely in the European version of the game. I'm european and played it and I can tell you it's there. But like said before you need to finish the Skyloft Silent Realm. And another thing what might help is to equip the Treasure Medaillon. You are suppsoed to be able to find treasure more often when you use that. To me it worked

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom