• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Love Everything About You

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Something we hear quite often in the media.

I'm curious- how many of you, when you find that special someone, want them to love everything about you? Or, is it something that doesn't matter to you as much?

Personally, I'm ok with my boyfriend not loving everything about me (he says he does, but that's besides the point), because I know that it's really hard to love everything about a person. I'm ok with people who are close to me not liking certain things about me, in fact, I'd rather they show me their dislike rather than hide it, and the people I feel closest to are the ones who address what they see in me as flaws yet respect me enough as a person not to expect me to change unless I want to.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I believe that people should like a few things about me and dislike others. I do a crap ton of bad things such as watch people where they shouldn't be watched; pirate games; curse frequently; and even dream of burning my own bed. My own bed ! What has it ever done to me but give me solace and peace at the gruelling times of night! So I would not like it if someone liked the bad about me. Frankly it's mean to like bad things - I know from experience - and it's better to like the good.

Now, that doesn't mean I want everyone to accept me for who I am and merely bypass the bad. I want to improve myself, so if I had a beautiful woman (well, a CUTE girl) tellings me to improve, I would feel better.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The way I see it, everybody has their flaws. It really does not bother me if somebody admits that there is something about me that they dislike, it is when they hide it and/or talk about it behind my back that pisses me off. I know I am not perfect, and neither is anybody else. I really don't care if there is something that somebody doesn't like about me, as long as they are open about it.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
It really doesn't matter to me. I personally have no time for finding romance, so I honestly can't care less; however, if I do manage to find someone, I'd only hope that we share equal feelings for each other. They don't have to love everything about me, so long as we share a mutual connection (or something along the lines).

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm not a perfect human. I have my flaws. There will be stuff a potential partner won't like about me.

I just accept it. It's not like it's not normal.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think it would be really interesting however if someone did love everything about someone.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I do not expect someone to love everything about me. I have countless flaws to my personality. And I respect it if people would point them out. I want to make myself a better person. I am human too. I'm not perfect. I would never be a perfect person. But I want to try to make myself as close to that as possible :)

Love is when that special someone accepts my faults, and embraces my positive characteristics. But if they say that they love everything about me, I won't mind at all. When people say that, it is usually a general statement. It is a kind thing to say, though.

I am fine with any, really :)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
As my best friend and I often tell one another, we annoy the crap out of each other from time to time. And that goes for pretty much all kinds of close relationships. You will love people, but there will be things that annoy you, things you can't stand, but the good things will strongly outweigh the bad, and that is what will make the relationship work. Saying you love everything about a person is more or less a lie, because we all have quirks and traits that really aren't all that likeable, and that is just the way it is.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
With all my flaws I don't think it's even possible for someone to love me through and through unless you are my mom. lol
If there is someone who is willing to be with me or anything like that then It would be nice for them to like alot of who I am.. though I do have some strong issues that i am dealing with at the moment and I will more than likely have to deal with them for the rest of my life. So the only "requirement" that I have for a person is that they have to be strong for me on occasion. not carry me as a burden so to say but to hold my hand when things get heavy.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I never really thought about this within a relationship to be honest, most I've gotten into have been fun, mainly nothing serious. However, in ones that have been, so called, "serious", I never really thought about partners not liking me for my flaws because when you're in a relationship you don't really focus on that kind of stuff. You like that person for who they are, and guess what? That includes their flaws.

There may be no such thing as a perfect person, but there is such a thing as an imperfectly perfect person.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Honestly if someone loves everything about you, they're intentionally ignoring your flaws (no, you're not perfect). It's not a healthy formula for a long-term relationship. No two people are perfectly compatible.

A friend is someone who knows you well but likes you anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom