• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link I LOVE Adventure of Link!

What Do You Think of AoL

• GREAT!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ******* Game!

• Never Played

• Total voters

Pikacondon

Title.
I like AOL, but it's SO FLIPPIN' HARD i wish there was a middle option. i got to the second palace and it was so hard i almost sued Zelda. but that's a good thing, cuz' when it comes to videogames, I like a challenge.

I don't think you'd have much of a case. Zelda's been under a sleeping spell since before the game began.

Conor

the over analysing guy
AOL is absolutely terrible if I'm brutally honest :/ I'm glad I switched to sky broadband and started using google chrome.
But in all seriousness, I've recently completed it, it's a fantastic game, the challenge may be too much for some people, but if you're 5U93R 1337 like me (joking) it's a very fun and rewarding game :)

Rytex

Resident Netizen
The Adventure of Link is one of those games that, while it is the black sheep of the family, it was incredible. The only reason its the black sheep is because of the xp system, really. The backstory was incredible for that time, the game was challenging (which I love), and it was generally entertaining.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I keep losing to the first boss, so I haven't played enough of it to really give a good opinion on it. But from what I've played so far, it's an all right game. There is no such thing as a bad Zelda game(except for Twilight Princess), and Adventure of Link is no exception.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I keep losing to the first boss, so I haven't played enough of it to really give a good opinion on it. But from what I've played so far, it's an all right game. There is no such thing as a bad Zelda game(except for Twilight Princess), and Adventure of Link is no exception.

OK, then, explain to us why Twilight Princess was bad, when it received near-unanimous 9+/10 scores from gaming magazines. Here is where you can find proof.

Last edited:
I was REALLY disappointed in it when I was a kid.. I do not hate it now because its not a bad game, but I like all the other games more.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
OK, then, explain to us why Twilight Princess was bad, when it received near-unanimous 9+/10 scores from gaming magazines. Here is where you can find proof.

Hey now, don't take it personally. It's my opinion. In fact, I'm going to write an article about TP's lost potential; as soon as I have some time. School's getting in the way.

Now, let's end this. We're off topic.

IMHO, quite the best Zelda game. I often stated on other Zelda forums that A Link to the Past is my all-time favorite Zelda game but now it's a close 2nd to AoL.

M

MajoraRuiz

I liked Adventure of Link for being unique and for not being a throwback of the original Legend of Zelda. But it still is one of the hardest games I've ever played

MegaTallica

NintendoThrasher
I love Aol. It's just so unique to the series. One of the main reasons that I love it is because it is the only Zelda game that I have died on the first dungeon. The difficulty reached an almost overbearing point towards the end of the game, but it was still at a point where it was a fun experience and I never got to the point where I was only playing it because it was Zelda.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I only finished it very recently. Wow it was super hard, but I don't mind that. I love challenge in my zelda game, that's why I never was a very big fan of Twilight Princess. Although I was not a big fan of how the over world worked I did like the side scrolling feature.

SirBeta

Beta is βetter.
Adventure of Link is definitely unique. And the sense of pride and satisfaction you get when you beat it is... amazing. But after that, when you look back on all the times it pissed you off, you realize all it did was raise your blood pressure and waste your time. Yes it's a Zelda game, but it's way, WAY, too hard. They seriously went too far. And this is just a personal preferance, but I don't like rpg's. So I have to say, I don't like it. It almost cost me my Gamecube.

I like Zelda II alright, but I don't love it. I hate that it doesn't have any real puzzles, that you don't get to use any items, the dungeons are all basically the same design with new enemies, and that the controls are constantly screwing me. Also things that steal experience. They suck. I do, however, really like all of the bosses, the soundtrack, and the overworld design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom