• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link I LOVE Adventure of Link!

What Do You Think of AoL

• GREAT!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ******* Game!

• Never Played

• Total voters

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
To start off, I would like to hear the reasons you find AoL well....... undesirable. BUT I do not want whining and complaining, it is after all a Zelda game.

Now then, I love it because of the difficulty. When a game is too easy, it is no fun. In AoL you get a big sense of pride and glory when you complete the smallest of tasks. I have not finished the game myself and I love it so much I just had to post this thread. It also introduces a key element to the rest of the games.... THE TRIFORCE :triforce:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do not say you hate it, it is a Zelda game just like the others even OoT if you hate to admit it.

Enough of me post your AoL love

I like it mainly because it is different. It experiments with the side scrolling, magic, ect. The combat can be a lot of fun because you have to time your attacks and dodge your enemy's attacks. You have to be really good at the game in order to have complete appreciation with it or to have a lot more fun. It is good that it isn't a complete clone of Zelda 1. Challenge is always a good thing because it won't be a short game and you will feel like you have more pride, like what Zws said. It is very different, and that is why I like it.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Please do not say you hate it, it is a Zelda game just like the others even OoT if you hate to admit it.

It is a Zelda game, sure, but that doesn't mean we have to like it. It's brutally difficult not because of clever game design and challenging puzzles, but because the game does not give you enough information and because the enemies are poorly scaled. The gameplay is heavily combat based and far less Zelda-like than any other game in the series.

For this reason, I do not like the Adventure of Link, and would not have finished it were it not a Zelda game.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
AoL is undesirable for a multiple of reasons. The difficulty is one of them. A hard game is fine and dandy and can even make the difference between a game being good or not. But a game with unfair difficulty is another matter. AoL consists of enemies that have unfair advantages. Dark Link himself is not difficult because of creativity in fighting but because of bad programming. He stays a certain distance away from you based on your location. There are also monsters who throw things at you while they hide behind a fence, unreachable by your sword. These monsters do considerable damage and occur in multiple, consistent locations. The difficulty of the clues is also unfair. The game assumes you will figure out extremely vague clues, if there are even clues to figure out. There are also clues in a town miles away from where the clue actually applies which makes it hard to remember exactly which clue applies where.

Another quality is the forced assumptions, but I'm not really sure because the way games work when this came out may have been the norm. By this I mean the concept of only being able to save after you die and then being forced to quit when that happens is very not appealing. Losing all your EXP is another.

One thing that makes this not a bad game but a bad "zelda" game is that it is an RPG. The RPG aspect leans heavily away from what we know as traditional Zelda, but this is not Nintendo's fault as this was the second game in the series. Thus it was experimenting.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
For me it's a love/hate relationship with AoL. I love the RPG aspect, you know powering up your sword, health, and magic. The spells are a nice addition as well. But as everyone has said so far, the game is just too hard! There's virtually no learning curve, the game basically says "Play good or get out". It makes no sense that I die 3-4 times before I even reach the 1st dungeon of the game, and another X times because of a curse bubble that moves likely more than 10x your set speed. Don't get me wrong, that IS a good thing to overcome, but for the notsogood, AoL will just turn them away. That doesn't mean the game is bad, it's just some designs are extremely flawed (in my opinion).

Big Octo

=^)
You know, it's actually a pretty awesome game when you get past the difficulty. I love how the overworld demonstrated Hyrule very expansively, with all the different biomes and such. The Palaces were actually pretty fun to play through, the bosses were formidable, but creative and thoughtful. It had the most towns in any Zelda title, being probably the most realistic kingdom. It was a pretty good game.

JasonXP

Its a Secret to Everybody
I've finished both the first and second Zelda games, first and second quest, and Zelda 2 is probably my favorite. I can't tell you how long it took me to beat the first Ironknuckle in Parapa palace. Then, even more game overs to beat Horsehead. But after that you begin to level up and, though the game remains challenging, it doesn't get too much harder, as long as you level up correctly.

Also, am I the only one to find this, but if you just walk torwards Shadow Link and stab your sword as fast as possible, without jumping or ducking, you will likely beat him. Anyone else done this?

D

dinggledoser

This may actually be one of the best entries in the series.

But if it has any problems it's definitely not the difficulty as you have considerably more control over how hard the game is depending on how much level grinding you do. (Grinding whenever you hit a wall would deprive you of actually getting any good at the game yourself and by the end when your levels are capped off will cause the final palace to be harder than it really is.) The difficulty isn't broken; it was made to be a challenge. Zelda 1 was broken.

The really problems with the game occur in the over world. It's the only part of the game that resembles the original Zelda in appearance; however compared to the original it is really linear. It demands you to explore ever block of land in order to progress however you'd most likely wouldn't want to do this in fear of getting jumped by enemies which would either, depending on you level, beat you half to death or waste your time or even both. Having to be pulled out of the over world in any game is just annoying so they might as well keep you out and make the whole game a side-scrolled.

Another complaint that often pops up is how cryptic it is however coming from Zelda fans this statement seems almost hypocritical as Zelda is built off of being cryptic. It's no more so than Zelda 1.

All I’m saying is that if your going to hate the game, hate it for the right reasons.

How ever the point is that unlike to newest entries in the series, this game is enriching. By the end of Adventures of Link I felt like a better gamer both in playing and observing them.

JasonXP

Its a Secret to Everybody
I found Zelda 1 a lot harder, because the dungeons/items are very difficult to find without a walkthrough! The difficulty in Zelda 2 is great, it's better the game be challenging than too easy, like the newer Mario/Zelda games. Zelda 2 is much more linear in style, but I think they did a good job with the palaces. You literally have to cover almost every square inch of them, in the right order, to complete the palace. Maybe I'm biased torwards Zelda 2 because I'm a Mario fan, but actually I enjoy both of the first Zeldas, they're just in different styles.

I am playing through it now and don't like the overworld, lack of puzzles,and side scrolling aspect. the difficulty doesn't really bother me surprisingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom