• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time I Kinda Like Navi...

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
With each year that passes, I yearn to hear Navi's voice again. It's an annoying masterpiece.

Majora's Cat

How about that
800th Post!

Fi gave you completely pointless information a lot of the time i mean really i know i already brought this up but telling you when your hearts are low when the game is already beeping and you can see your health bar clearly on screen? seriously no one could be that stupid.

I dunno, there are some pretty dull kids in my school... I guess for some reason Nintendo likes potty-training its players through processes. We should all be used to it by now, and hey, if life gives you lemons, make lemonade (don't listen to Cave Johnson!). Try to laugh or something when Fi and Navi tell you stupidly obvious things. I think it's pretty humorous.

If you guys have played Portal 2 all the way through, you should probably remember the beginning of the last chapter, titled "The Part Where He Kills You". And then Wheatley says "this is the part where I kill you"... and an achievement pops up telling you that you have reached "The Part Where He Kills You" all at the same time. You'd have to be completely bovine to not know that this is the point in the game where Wheatley tries to kill you, but it's pretty damn funny too. I think we should all sit back and laugh at how Navi and some other of Link's companions have been of so little helps over the ages. It's something to appreciate.

Ganondork

goo
I see this thread got derailed fast.

Anyway, Navi really isn't that bad. See, a lot of people hopped on the bandwagon when everyone complained about Navi. I'm willing to bet most people wouldn't have had an issue with Navi had they played Ocarina of Time prior to finding a forum that just ragged on Navi without much rhyme or reason. Yes, there is some reason for it, but in all honesty, it wasn't as extreme as people make Navi out to be.

"Hey! Listen!" Wasn't common until the Fire Temple and the Bottom of the Well. I heard that constantly because during that time, I decided to do a lot of the sidequests, so I heard that constantly. Indeed, it can get irritating, but it was blown out of proportion. People seem to forget that you can also mute your television.

The tips also weren't really all that terrible. To be honest, I found some tips to be quite helpful. I'd say this was more the case when up against a difficult enemy. I don't think many people needed to be told that a locked door requires a key. I think in some situations, Navi was a bit obvious, but all of the guides in The Legend of Zelda have been guilty of this.

While Navi may be a bit obvious - and perhaps a little irritating - the hatred of Navi is almost purely jumping on the bandwagon. I think that people should play Ocarina of Time and be acquainted with Navi prior to reading any hate threads about the fairy. Also, Tatl wasn't too bad, either.

Fi was better. Although more annoying and more obvious, made up for it with all those features. Fi: the first helper to come with Apps. :P

I disagree, personally. Navi didn't stop me every 5 seconds to tell me that my health was low and/or shield was broken, so I found her much less annoying.

I actually really enjoy Navi as well. Tatl is pretty decent. But I don't really like King of the Red Lions or The Minish Cap.

Deeds

no text
I think that everyone pretends to hate Navi because it's just something to moan about, I like Navi.

Ecysmest

Of the Forest
I actually do like Navi. She does give some good information, and as has been stated previously, she doesn't yell "Hey! Listen!" at you all that often. Yeah, she does while your in combat, as soon as you Z-Lock onto an enemy, but it's combat. You're not paying attention anyways.

And when you think about it, she'd be great company were you in Link's shoes, giving hints and suggestions to help you along. And it's not only secrets and enemies she flies over for. The whole premise behind the Z-Targeting is that she flies over to your enemy and turns yellow, so you have a clear target to hit and so you know what to hit on said target.

So all-in-all, Navi is really a great character.
I certainly enjoy her more than I do any of the other partners

I disagree, personally. Navi didn't stop me every 5 seconds to tell me that my health was low and/or shield was broken, so I found her much less annoying.
Solution: Learn to shield bash properly. Less low health, less broken shield.

People seem to forget that you can also mute your television.

And miss all that awesome music!? No way.

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
I have always kept a soft spot in my heart for Navi. When I was young I would get excited when she said something because mostly everything she says is helpful. She was also very nice and you grow a special bond as the game progresses. As for her being annoying? I personally have never thought that at all... well maybe in the Deku Tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom