• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time I Just Realized This

Kirito

I will never be a memory.
if link had never opend the door to the sacred realm and pulled the master sword ganon would have never gotten the triforce of power and taken over hyrule. What are your opinions did link cause hyrules downfall

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Well. . . yeah. The game makes it clear that Ganondorf manipulated you into opening the door for him, but then again Ganon was searching for the other stones. He likely would have found some way to find them if Link didn't walk into his trap.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Well. . . yeah. The game makes it clear that Ganondorf manipulated you into opening the door for him, but then again Ganon was searching for the other stones. He likely would have found some way to find them if Link didn't walk into his trap.

Exactly, it was better for link when he was manipulated by Ganon to open the door for him. I might have been worse if Ganon got in himself.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Link is definitely to blame but that's why he set things right in the Child Timeline (honestly I don't understand why he waited so long to just tell the Zelda of the past :dry: ).

If he never put the stones there, but kept them anyway, I don't think Ganondorf would've been an able person. And he wasn't - as evidenced by his being put up for execution.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
He didn't tell Zelda of the past because Ganondorf had already broken through and chased Zelda away. At the end, Link is sent to the time before he first met Zelda.

Gannondorf tricked Link into opening the Door Of Time, so he can get his hands on the Tri-force. But Link waked up 7 years later, and has to fix everything he caused.

Just wanted to add that this all has little to do with Link. Certainly he was the one to actually open the Door of Time, but he was little more than a grunt by this point in the game (or... honestly the entire game), being directed by the Deku Tree and then Zelda on what to do next. It was Zelda's plan to open the Door of Time to keep the Triforce away from Ganondorf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom