• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Just Realized I'm in a Bit of a Pickle...

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
So yeah, I just got Black 2 a few hours ago, booted it up right when I got home. When it asked me what I wanted my starter to be, I chose Tepig. I really want Oshawott, but I've done this thing in the previous Pokemon games where I would go through twice with the other two starters, trade it over to another game of the same generation, then start it up for real with the starter I really want, then trade in the other two starters so I can have them all at the beginning. This has worked extremely well for Diamond and SoulSilver, so I figured it outta be the same thing here.

There's just one major flaw in my plan:
I don't own the other Gen. 5 game.

So now I'm stuck in a quandary. Do I immediately start it over with the starter I really want and just hope that I can find people who have the other two starters who are willing to make a deal, or do I plow on through until I reach the daycare center and farm a bunch of Tepigs and trade them off?

Also, I really don't like the name of my character. As you know, I chose the girl this time around, only since I thought it was only temporary I went with the default Rosa instead of the name I really want. So that factors in too?

What do you all think I should do?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Well, that depends. How far are you into the game? If you aren't too far, I'd recommend starting over the way you truly want to. If you don't want to lose your currently saved data, I would probably go with breeding Tepig.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If you're extremely far into the game, I recommend just trekking through and completing it. If you aren't too far (say, 6 hours or so into the game), then I would restart. That's what I would do; I personally find a lot of time in the day to play handhelds simply because I'm not an adult just yet. :sweat:

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
Keep going, tepig's awesome (though his first evolution, pignite, sucks, emboar is epic). B ut hey, oshawott's not bad either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom