• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Just Noticed That in the Artwork.

Linkette

Heroine of Time
My bro asked me if Skyward Sword will be set after Twilight Princess or Spirit Tracks and then I had to explain the whole "timeline" thingy. Then he pointed at the artwork with the tree and asked "Is this the Deku Tree?" And I was like "No, it looks like an original tree but it might turn into the Deku during the game. Any comments?

It looks to me that it could be a giant carved out tree, to make a building, or perhaps the foresty temple.

It does look like it has a mouth with an under-bite though, lol.

Djinn

and Tonic
I was not too sure what you meant without posting a pic or link in the OP. Do you mean the promotional poster or some of the screenshots?

4b4df32bb5be5_featured_without_text_wiizelda.jpg

Hard to tell what is on either side of Link.

skyward-sword-art-design.jpg

There does seem to be something going on with that tree. Looks like a home of some type. I guess it might be possibe that it eventually becomes the Forest Temple. Then again the Deku Tree itself was a large explorable dungeon in OoT. I am assuming that it might be how the people in Skyloft are living. Since most screenshots released now are likely from the very early stages of the game and are showing off either the training area or first village Link comes from.

MrLuigi

Theorist
I remember a video on YouTube that pointed out hidden figures in the promotional poster. I remember him pointing out some gorons and Ganondorf.

The picture of the poster above doesn't show the top part sadly, so I can't tell you the location of Ganon, heck I might not be able to recognize it. I'll see if I can't find that video.

Well I can't find it. But after looking at the poster and the video's poster must have been photo shopped.

Not the deku tree, and SS would take place either before or after Minish Cap which right now is at the beginning of the timeline of most splitists

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
It's hard to see from the original artwork, but from the second pictures posted by Djinn, that massive tree could well be the Deku Tree. The one in OoT was pretty old, so this could be him.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Is it safe to say in every 3D Hyrule there has been a large tree? most of the time it's a dungeon or a character or both. This it just looks like a dungeon.. it could also be a way to get to the top. In OoX you could climb to the very top of the large tree of those two lands, but it wasn't a dungeon, and there wasn't even any enemies to fight inside. This time might be different, instead of plunging down into the Deku Trees depths to kill Gohma. Maybe in Skyward Sword we climb to the top of the tree to save it from some other kind of boss? There could be anything up there... this is all speculation in SS we might save the tree that becomes the great Deku Tree in later years. In a way your right Linkette this tree could turn into the Deku Tree during this game or sometime after this game.

I think it might be a house, or a dungeon, or something like that. I don't think it's the Deku Tree though. I think Skyward Sword will take place at least 100 years or so before Ocarina of Time, and the Deku Tree is probably gunna be smaller than that (if he's even in the game). I do see the under-bite nicktheslayer was talking about (and the tree looks like it has a cold-sore or something), but there's no eyes on the tree. And the mouth was lower on the trunk of the Deku Tree in Ocarina of Time, and Wind Waker, for that matter. This post might have sounded harsh, but I didn't mean it to.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
I doubt that it is the Deku Tree, although I'm guessing that a race of creatures is living inside of it, or it is a dungeon. There's is an entrance there on the upper right side of the tree, and it looks like there's some platforms for Link to climb on around it.

I believe the tree has some significance, although at this point it's hard to say what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom