• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Just May Have Had A Timeline Break Through

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
So as most of you have I'm sure.. I was sitting around and messing with ideas of a timeline.... but I got to thinking, if the timeline can split .. why can't it come back together? I think I may have solved it... I mean at first I was in a box.. and then.. I kicked a whole in the box and extended my thoughts way outside it... you may not agree with my timeline.. but good luck finding any real flaws.

VASH'S TIME LINE THEORY

.........MM -> MC -> FS/FSA -> TP
..CT /.........................................\
.OoT...........................................| -> LoZ/AoL -> ALttP/LA-> OoX(OoS/OoA)
..AT \........................................./
........\....................................../
.........\ .................................../
......................WW
/PH

Again I'm sure most of you, since you made you own time line, won't believe mine.. but it's at least plausable.

Last edited:

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Actually, I have had an idea similar to this one before (about the timeline coming together again). I briefly mention it on my ZeldaWiki timeline (it's at the bottom), but I didn't say much about it, as I knew it probably wouldn't be accepted.

Anyway, nice find. It's a very possible theory, and I like how eloquently it could work. Very dramatic.

Sorry, but this timeline is really unclear. I can't tell where your direct sequels are or I really don't understand why you have the timelines reconnecting. The reconnection isn't clear either. I suggest you check out my timeline construction thread and try to fix the notation at least so its a bit more clear. Also, I don't see anything describing this timeline. Where did these ideas come from? What evidence do you have to support this idea? You leave a lot of questions unanswered.

Anyway, I'll try to respond to this the best way I can. First, I can find many flaws with this timeline. First of all, the timelines are very unlikely to reconnect. The CT completely cancels out the AT. Since Link never goes through time on the CT, the AT doesn't exist whatsoever, and cannot interact with the other. In reality, the AT doesn't make sense because Zelda sending Link back would negate the events of the AT, but Nintendo made it that way. It really doesn't make sense to reconnect.

Second, where the heck is ALttP? You have left it out of your timeline completely, and it is a rather important game in the series.

Third, it has been confirmed by Aonuma that TP and WW are parallel games to each other on the timeline, which means that they both take place next after OoT (aside from MM being a direct sequel of OoT's CT, of course). WW is on the AT, and TP parallel on the CT.

Fourth, what's with the Dream Timeline thing? What is the point in having this? I don't mean for this to sound harsh or anything, but why did you even add this idea? Does it help your overall timeline theory at all, or did you just put it there because it was something you thought about? Like I said, you gave absolutely no information or evidence to support your timeline, so it is hard to understand your reasoning.

With all that said, this timeline has many flaws. It goes directly against developer quotes and in game facts. It lacks evidence and an explanation. I would consider reconstructing it and backing it up with some sort of evidence, but I will tell you that having TP where you have it is not going to work. At the very least, we do know that the timeline goes:

...../--WW/PH
OoT
.....\MM--TP

All the rest of the games are scattered, but that structure is for certain. If any timeline does not include this structure in it somewhere, then it is wrong, because this much we know the developers have confirmed.

Vash03

The CT completely cancels out the AT. Since Link never goes through time on the CT, the AT doesn't exist whatsoever, and cannot interact with the other. In reality, the AT doesn't make sense because Zelda sending Link back would negate the events of the AT, but Nintendo made it that way. It really doesn't make sense to reconnect.d.

It's like taking two different paths to the same destination, sorry about ALttP... that was my bad lol... direct sequels I figured you could figure out as long as you played to game... I did realize that I left out ALttP only after I posted.. and I don't know how.. because I marked them off a list as I went.. so it must have been deleted on accident... and yes the CT does eventually merge with the AT it'd be impossible if it didn't.. you can only stay a kid for so long... the normal split took place after OOT with MM and WW then another split for PH and LA in the AT, then on to TP, then back with LoZ, AoL, ALttP, and OoX, while it went, on the CT, from MM to MC to FS and FSA.. those could have been split or as well, but at this time I haven't decieded on any real order.. again.. this is a break through.. I haven't perfected the timeline, it's more of an outline.. I'll have it perfected soon though..

It's like taking two different paths to the same destination, sorry about ALttP... that was my bad lol... direct sequels I figured you could figure out as long as you played to game...

You'll find out that when it comes to the Zelda timeline, EVERY detail is argued, lol. Direct sequels are a big deal, and many different people have many different theories about them. So you do need to include the correct notation to show your direct sequels because even though you may find one thing obvious, another person may disagree with it completely.

and yes the CT does eventually merge with the AT it'd be impossible if it didn't.. you can only stay a kid for so long...

It doesn't work like that. No one is saying that Link on the CT didn't grow up, but he surely didn't grow up and do the same things he did as Adult Link in OoT. When Young Link was sent back to his childhood, Ganondorf was stopped from ever entering the SR and taking over Hyrule. That's why he's being executed in TP, because he got caught, as Young Link told Zelda about him. This was quoted from Aonuma himself as well. Everything that Link done after pulling the Master Sword from the pedestal in OoT NEVER takes place on the CT, none of it, not even what you do as Adult Link in OoT, because all of it is prevented. The stuff you do as an adult happen on the AT, and what you do as a kid happens on the CT (aside from the Spirit Temple, obviously), which is why they are named as such. That's why there are separate timelines. If the timelines reconnected like your are thinking about, the timeline would be singular and not split at all. It would go from OoT to MM, to the Adult portion of OoT, then to WW later on, and completely skip TP and all the games of the CT.

the normal split took place after OOT with MM and WW then another split for PH and LA in the AT, then on to TP, then back with LoZ, AoL, ALttP, and OoX, while it went, on the CT, from MM to MC to FS and FSA.. those could have been split or as well, but at this time I haven't decieded on any real order.. again.. this is a break through.. I haven't perfected the timeline, it's more of an outline.. I'll have it perfected soon though..

But you can't have TP on the AT, again, or your timeline is wrong. You have to have the games I mentioned above in those places or your timeline is not correct. Again, the developers have confirmed certain game's positions on the timeline, and OoT, TP, and WW are three of them. See my above post again.

I don't see it as any kind of breakthrough, sorry, but its not like you have any big important evidence here to support this timeline. It is basically ideas that you have, and again, you are ignoring developer quotes with these ideas. This timeline is just very random. But hey, if you can somehow work it out to be a breakthrough, by all means I'd love to see it. I can tell you though, that if you keep TP in its current position, then you are going to be wrong. Also, if you keep LA in its current spot, a lot of people will disagree, as it was supposed to be a sequel to ALttP. But the most important thing is the position of TP.

You mentioned above that you thought the direct sequels would be obvious, which is why you didn't include them. Well, LA is quite obviously a direct sequel to ALttP, and PH is the only sequel to WW, yet you have them in completely different spots.

Vash03

Not exactly wrong.. there isn't really a right or a wrong... again, it's a theory... I know it isn't going to be perfect.. there is no real way to prove it all.. it's just an outline that I came up with while tinkering with the order... I was just showing what I came up with at the time... I may disprove myself or maybe not.. think of it more as a rough draft and there will be more to add in the future of the series.. At the same time there is as well no way to argue it because it is just a theory.. if I had any real proof of it it would no longer be a theory it would become fact.. I'd like to keep it as a theory because if there was anything factual about it.. no one else could have a theory... takes away the magic... but like I said I'm going to make some changes.. because it is just an outline or a rough draft.. and I will throw in some theories as to how it would make sense.. I just didn't have time to do it all.. just wanted to show a few people my outline maybe give them an idea or inspire someone to even make suggestions as to how this theory can be probable.

Not exactly wrong.. there isn't really a right or a wrong... again, it's a theory... I know it isn't going to be perfect.. there is no real way to prove it all.. it's just an outline that I came up with while tinkering with the order...

Yeah, and that's a good thing, don't get me wrong. That's why it is a timeline "theory", because the whole thing has yet to be figured out, and they are always adding to it. But I just wanted to point out a few things that as of right now have been solidified about the timeline, because there's going to be a bunch of people to say the same thing about developer quotes and such. I will admit, it is an interesting theory to look at, but it was mainly just the lack of evidence towards it that made it so confusing and makes a person wonder why certain things are as they are. Anyway, keep at it.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
As DarkLink has mentioned, it is impossible to have WW and TP on the same timline. The creators of the series have confirmed their placements.

TP is on the child timeline and the creators said that WW is parallel to that (meaning it's on the adult timeline).

Also, something to point out, the fact that the creators used the word "parallel" is a huge hint that there is only one split (2 different timelines).

If there were more than the 2 timelines (child and adult) then the word "parallel" would be useless because it could refer to any of the hypothetically, numerous timelines.

Vash03

Whos to say there isn't a split in both timelines? For instance, FS and FSA could be a split.. where as LA and PH are a split.. and again.. as I've said before it's a rough draft... but yeah.. you are both right about TP.. that was more of a mistake.. I quickly put it together on the forum, but I have a better version on my computer... a "prettier one" if you will.. and to not take up more room then necessary, I will post it on this same thread if it isn't closed soon.. as soon as I feel comfortable...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Whos to say there isn't a split in both timelines? For instance, FS and FSA could be a split.. where as LA and PH are a split.. and again.. as I've said before it's a rough draft... but yeah.. you are both right about TP.. that was more of a mistake.. I quickly put it together on the forum, but I have a better version on my computer... a "prettier one" if you will.. and to not take up more room then necessary, I will post it on this same thread if it isn't closed soon.. as soon as I feel comfortable...

The creators are the ones to say that there isn't more than one split.

First of all, Miyamoto has said that he focuses more on gameplay than he does on the timeline which means 2 things.

1) OoT was a game that has a confirmed split at the end of it (leading to the AT and the CT). No other split has been confirmed or even hinted to. The fact that Miyamoto focuses more on gameplay than on the timeline is a good indication that any game, other than OoT, that may have any hint of a split was made so for gameplay purposes and not for timeline purposes.

2) there is no way that someone who puts his main focus on gameplay would ever intend to make a timeline that difficult/confusing.

Like I said before, the word parallel only works when dealing with 2 timelines. The AT and the CT are parallel timelines. If you start throwing in other splits then we no longer have parallel timelines. The word "parallel" was used when discussing TP. The only game made after TP was PH (and now, ST) and PH definitely doesn't cause a split anywhere which means, that as of now, there is only one split that is being spoken of in interviews, has been confirmed, and is being considered.

No offense, but this timeline, to me, is just as bad as theorists who make linear timelines because they think that the creators are lying about a split.

Vash03

Again.. it's just a theory.. I'm not trying to get my name in a book or anything and as I said in my first post, I know it probably isn't right...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Again.. it's just a theory.. I'm not trying to get my name in a book or anything and as I said in my first post, I know it probably isn't right...

Understandable, but I am here to point out the flaws so that you may construct a better timeline. If everyone just said "it's possible" then you would get no where fast.

Vash03

I know, and I thank you for it, I did ask for that lol, again thanks.

.........MM -> MC -> FS/FSA -> TP
..CT /.........................................\
.OoT...........................................| -> LoZ/AoL -> ALttP/LA-> OoX(OoS/OoA)
..AT \........................................./
..................WW/PH -> ST?

I'm still working on it.. I don't like the placement of a few things...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom