• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler I Have Questions About the Triforce

geek4887

The Unknown
The Triforce is divided into three pieces, and can only be obtained by a person who has true balance, to gain the "True Force"(?). No one is revealed to have gained all three of them in perfect balance yet, though. But that's not my question's about. How come different Links/Ganons have either their part of the Triforce in physical, or it's just with them? I mean what determines that? OoT Link had his Triforce all along, while WW Link didn't? Same with Ganon. He had to get his in ALttP, while in WW, he just has it. Is there a factor of some sort, or is it just random?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It probably passes down through the generations with Link and Zelda. In Ganondorf's case, it's that he's the same Ganondorf. In WW, it was a bit different, though. The ToW was broken into two pieces for protection, whereas the ToC had split into 8 pieces due to Link going back to his own time. In TP, the "divine prank of the gods" (Triforce splitting on its own somehow) occurred some time after Ganondorf had fled Hyrule after Link came back to his own time and prevented him (somehow) from never touching the Triforce, and it probably happened during his lifetime (and Zelda's), so it would have been passed down from father to son, mother to daughter (either through birth or giving it to them). Or it could be something different, we don't really know. The Triforce is a very mysterious thing.

In ALTTP Link does get the triforce in perfect balance once Ganon is killed. In WW Link is a random boy who wants to save his sister and the only way he got the triforce peice was by fishing it out of the sea so he is not a hero of destiny like the Link in OoT. In TP he is a destined hero and that is stated in the game. Hope this help it is all i got.

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
I agree, The triforce is mysterious. Heres what i think: The goddesses pass it on from one Link and Zelda to another when they die, When they obtain it? It is just a matter of when the triforce is needed in that person.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Actually, in the Wind Waker we do see the Triforce in perfect balance. At the end Ganondorf merges all three triangles together so that he could wish Hyrule back into existence. However, in terms of the article, I believe they're all passed down genetically, at least for Link and Zelda, whereas Ganon (in accordance with JuicieJ) is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom