• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Have a Question and I Don't Know Where else to Ask!

J

Jellybean

Okay, so I'm getting kinda worried. I haven't been with zelda for many years, and the only consoles I own are a DS and a Wii. When they release new games for the 3DS or the Wii U, will they release them on the older consoles aswell? I have no idea, because I was introduced to the series when the Wii came out. Please help me!!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
It's been rumored that Skyward Sword will be that last game for the Wii. Games exclusive to the 3DS won't be released on the older DS consoles.

Since you have a Wii you could get LoZ, AoL, AlttP, OoT, and MM on the various consoles featured in the Wii's Virtual Console providing that you have Wi-Fi Internet Connections or the other ways to connect the Wii to the Internet.

Last edited:

Hero of…. #s, I guess
It's usually Nintendo's style to make games for one console alone (Twilight Princess being an exception since it had been delayed to the point of almost time for the Wii anyway). So yes, you will need a Wii U and 3DS for future Zelda games.

However, aside from Ocarina of Time 3D, which is a remake of a game you can get on the Wii, there are no Zelda games made or announced for the 3DS or WiiU. So at least you'll have time to save up some money to buy these consoles. I would suggest getting the 3DS first because generally handheld games take less development time, and with a console Zelda game coming out soon the next game will probably be for the 3DS.

Also note that many stores such as GameStop have trade in programs where you could sell your current DS, which could make some money towards the 3DS. Since the 3DS can play normal DS games (I'm pretty sure), you would have no reason to have both unless you are sentimental towards it.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
The only reason I would see to keep a normal DS is if you wanted to play GBA games. The 3DS does play DS games, but not GBA. Even the DS doesn't play GameBoy or GameBoy Color games, so if you wanted to play LA/OoS/OoA the way they're supposed to be, you'd have to get a GBA or older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom