• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Have a Question About the 3DS EShop..

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So, you all surely heard of the 3DS Ambassador program that was on for all the rich people back last August. 10 free GBA games and 10 free NES games, right? Well, what I'm wondering is, are any of those games going to be put on the eShop for sale? I think it'd unfair of Nintendo to give the people who had the money some games but not allow us to buy those same games for a price. It's almost like beta testing except that they're finished products that only a select few get to have, because they had the money to get a system earlier. What about those that have the money now, though?

MW7

Sorry but I haven't heard anything. It really doesn't make any sense to not make easy money by releasing the games now. I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I believe that Nintendo will release them later on. For now they're sticking to NES and GB games. I think that they'll re-release GBA and SNES games later on. You just gotta wait it out for now. I'm an ambassador and I'm quite glad for the games. They don't quite make up the price cut but they do make it well worth getting it earlier on.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Nintendo explicitly stated they had no plans to ever release the GBA Ambassador games to the general public. However many people think that doesn't mean that they never will. It's possible. I suppose it can be so far off they didn't have plans on it.
I think two of the NES games have already been released to the general public. It just takes patience.

They just might release those games to the public for like $4.99 each, or higher. Nintendo could make a lot of profits from those games because people want them. Plus it's a great opportunity for others to get their hands on classic games. I am a ambassador luckily.

So, you all surely heard of the 3DS Ambassador program that was on for all the rich people back last August.now, though?

I'm an ambassador and I'm not rich. I worked hard and saved for months to be able to afford my 3DS, so try to be a bit more considerate in future. Thank You.

On the actual topic, I know Zelda 1 and Metroid have been released through the Eshop. Considering before they even announced the Ambassador scheme Nintendo stated there would be NO/ZERO GBA games released on the system. So yes, it is fair that only Ambassadors get them.

So far Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda and Metroid have been released to the public (in Japan and Europe as far as I'm aware) Plus Zelda II will be released soon.

I think it'd unfair of Nintendo to give the people who had the money some games but not allow us to buy those same games for a price.

You think that's unfair? You guys got the opportunity to become Ambassadors after the price cut, plus you guys got the chance to get the limited edition Zelda themed 3DS. If that is not unfair to those who paid £100/$200 extra for their 3DS, I don't know what is.

The NES games are being put on sale as we speak with Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid already available and Zelda II: Adventure of Link available this next Thursday at least in Japan. Nintendo has stated that they have no plans to release the GBA games, however, given the company's trend to release all games except last gen on VC (in this case DS), the 10 titles should eventually appear for download on the eShop. Also, it's a great money making opportunity for Nintendo.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
So, you all surely heard of the 3DS Ambassador program that was on for all the rich people back last August. 10 free GBA games and 10 free NES games, right? Well, what I'm wondering is, are any of those games going to be put on the eShop for sale? I think it'd unfair of Nintendo to give the people who had the money some games but not allow us to buy those same games for a price. It's almost like beta testing except that they're finished products that only a select few get to have, because they had the money to get a system earlier. What about those that have the money now, though?

I'm an ambassador and I'm not rich. I worked hard and saved for months to be able to afford my 3DS, so try to be a bit more considerate in future. Thank You.

You think that's unfair? You guys got the opportunity to become Ambassadors after the price cut, plus you guys got the chance to get the limited edition Zelda themed 3DS. If that is not unfair to those who paid £100/$200 extra for their 3DS, I don't know what is.

Coming back to this, JJ and Vaati are right. I prepared for the 3DS by saving my money up and buying one. And you guys now have the Zelda and Purple colored 3DS. I couldn't get those so each side has it's benefits. I'd really like either of those colors but I can't get them. You'd like the ambassador games Vanitas, but you can't, not yet at least. So like I said, both sides are benefited and disadvantaged. Just don't make us out to be the bad guys.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
All the original NES games will come to the 3DS e-Shop eventually.
Nintendo has not decided whether to put the GBA games out or not, although if they put the NES games out they will probably put the GBA games out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom