• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda I Hate You, S&M Guy... or Ridiculous Minibosses

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
So, I'm playing through Spirit Tracks again. I'm fresh from several unsuccessful battles with the whip guy in the Ocean Temple. Gah! I remember I have to fight him to get the whip and that his kind become easier to deal with after acquiring that item, but for now, I'm finding him ridiculously hard. I didn't remember him being this difficult on the first play-through.

He is also ridiculous because he is in what is supposed to be a children's game... yet that mask, that little leather outfit he wears... the whip...

Kinky and annoying.

So, in playing Zelda games or replaying them... have there been any mini-bosses that have struck you as ridiculous, either because of their looks and nature or because they were harder for you than the dungeon's boss?

I hate you, S&M Guy. Die!Die!Die!Die!Die!

D

Deleted member 14134

Difficulty in a Zelda game today is a blessing, I'd embrace anything that actually came across as a challenge and not just a pattern that can be easily discovered and implemented to defeat enemies. I guess if you're stuck that kind of sucks but more near death edge of your seat fights is what Zelda needs.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Kinky and annoying.

I hate you, S&M Guy. Die!Die!Die!Die!Die!

I Lol'd :P

I really, really hated the Octopus from Jabu Jabu's Belly in OoT. Running after it trying to dodge the spikes. He looked much easier. The Iron Knuckle's were the opposite. They looked very badass, but if you Z-target it and jump around with A it's so easy.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
LOL leave it to you to see a mask wearing whip wielding monster and think bondage. Meaning nothing bad. Just meaning...well, you wrote a fanfic where TP Link gets revived by a bunch of fairies but he was dead for too long so he becomes a zombie. And another where hunters shot him in his wolf form and skinned him. So I guess I'm meaning: your mind works in mysterious odd ways. Which isn't a bad thing! It makes it so things aren't boring here xD

As for the question...I recall having trouble with the darknut in TP's Temple of Time. Before I found out that using hidden skills on him makes him 100% easier.

Therapist Bill

The Pianist
Heeyy :)

I have always struggled with Dark Link from the Water Temple in Ocarina of time and also the monkey from Link's awakening. Well, I shouldn't call it "struggle". I am a pretty talented & skilled gamer so let us just say I was a little tired during those fights! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom