• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Has a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingSeamus

"The Blue Link"
In OoT,you do not see Saria anywhere (besides being a sage)
So does this mean she died??=\

I mean in the future by the way

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
In adult timeline she was a sage but in child timeline after Link was sent back by Zelda all was undone because Link was able to tell what would happen. This means Saria was still with her fellow Kokiri in Kokiri Forest and wouldn't become a sage

I has an answer:

Technically, the Kokiri can never age as long as they remain in the forest. There was one user here awhile ago who brilliantly described the whole idea as being a myth created by the Deku Tree to keep the children inside the forest. Seeing as how Saria was seen in the ceremony during the end credits, that idea was proven true. Yes, she probably did die sometime following the events of Ocarina of Time.

Or what Vanessa said is better...:lol:

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
A lot about this game is up to interpretation. Some interpret that the sages have to die in order to be awakened as a sage, which makes sense because a few of them go into deadly situations, i.e.
Darunia fighting Volvagia without the Megaton Hammer and Impa going into the Shadow Temple probably with little protection.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Well it depends how far in the future you are talking. But in most of the games following Ocarina of Time, I would presume she is dead, since those games all occur at least a century after the events of OoT. The only game she could be considered alive in would probably be Majora's Mask.

Now, I think you may also referr to the future as in the future segment of OoT. In that case, she is alive throughout these events.

I don't think she died just because you didn't see her again. But I'm sure she got old and died eventually.

This of course applies to a few other sages as well. Impa for example is never seen in her physical form whilst an adult and I have to say I'm one of those that believe the sages have to die before they can be 'reborn' as sages. Just take a look at them all. Saria is rumoured to be in the Forest Temple yet never seen, Darunia says he will fight Volvagia yet when entering the boss room he is nowhere to be seen, Ruto journeys deeper into the Water Temple and never seen again, Impa is said to be either at the bottom of the well or in the Spirit Temple (can't remember which at this point) and yet is never seen and Nabooru, although Twinrova say they will brainwash her is shown to disappear in a puff of smoke (which couldn't have simply been a teleportation spell as previously Nabooru is shown putting up a fight against that purple bog-type thing).

I would delve into this in further detail however I have done so already multiple times in other threads.

she is in the chamber of sages, so she can't be found

P.S. you do see her in Ganondorf's castle when you hit the green ball of light with the light arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom