• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Get To Throw A Zelda Themed Birthday Party Tomorrow...

I'm very excited for tomorrow because I'm finally getting to throw my friends a party tomorrow, and I've really gone whole ham to make this awesome. The party is for these two lovely peeps:

zxDOdUU.jpg
7wBFmlW.jpg

I've gone and made a birthday card for each one, but they'll get the choice which one they get to "play". The first is the "dungeon", and the second is the "boss". Each card will give them a key upon completion, which they will use to open the "treasure chest" containing their presents.

And yes, I'm aware I pretty much phoned in the Dungeon Link pic... just... leave it be. I had to redo that one a few times, and just didn't have the energy for it near the end. But yeah, just get through the maze, obtain the items and key, make it to the stairs to B1. Simple enough.

H3w0ikL.jpg
pcAekpM.jpg

After that, the other person gets to play the "boss" card. It's an archery challenge! On the other side of the card is a picture of Gohma, with a mostly-cut out flap around the eye. I've tested it enough and it works well, they'll have to shoot rubber bands at the "eye". If they miss, the bands deflect off the card, but a hit pushes the flap back and the band goes through the card. It's pretty easy to tell when you've hit, especially because the card doesn't jump back nearly so far.

TdKTqhq.jpg

iOBCnE4.jpg

And their reward? This bad boy. Coke can is for size and scale reference.

xD83YSa.jpg

So yeah, I'm super excited about this. Yay! I'm so stoked, I might actually... *gasp!* Go to bed early!

Oh it went so amazingly well today. They spent the whole time geeking out about all the cool things. They got custom shirts, fruitsnacks, laser cut zelda-themed pins, hand-illustrated cards, animal crackers, plushies, all sorts of awesome goodies. Then we went to the Legacy center in Oxford and played Laser Tag, and did Ninja Warrior climbing courses, foam cube pits, trampoline dodgeball, ate frozen yogurt... the works. It was such an amazingly kickass day. They told me over and over how fun it was and what a great time they were having and everyone was super bouncy-happy all day. Then we went home and watched the first episode of Firefly because "Link" and "Zelda" had never seen that show. SO much fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom