• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Don't See the Big Deal About Ocarina of Time.

It was the first ever 3D Zelda game, so it's a big deal. Oh, and it's a great game, with fantastic gameplay and story.

P

pop546

I don't know why I threw away my OoT.

O ya...

I was little and new to LOZ so it was difficult. :P

WHY DID I THROW IT AWAY!!! :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
Not sure how it got so popular. Yes, Link had to travel through time, but it's not very original. The way it was done was something new, but it's not really anything to go crazy over, even back then. The sages did help Link defeat Ganondorf in the end and the storyline was somewhat expansive, but I really don't see why it's so amazing to everyone. In fact, I didn't even like the game; but it wasn't a bad game. And before you go off on me, it's an opinion, not a fact that needs to be proven wrong. It was really easy for me, and I didn't see much challenge at all. Even the water temple. The only frustrating part about it was the mass amount of puzzles and moving back and forth. And it didn't bother me much. And whoever says that using the Master Sword is useless to Dark Link. . . I barely had any trouble with him using the master sword. Maybe I'm just very observant and the puzzles are easy to me. Morpha, in fact, was no problem at all. In Boss-Rush mode (On the 3DS) I once beat Morpha without taking damage. No, I didn't just stay in the corner. In fact, that sometimes fails. I couldn't stay on the four platforms, but I was moving non-stop. IDK. =\

First, I think the game was a gigantic step from the preceeding games on the preceeding platforms. After watching the gameplay of the previous games,I developed an appreciation of OoT. It was great to see the series in a 3d game.
Like you the Water Temple was pretty easy with decent photographic memory until the slippery slope at the end.
Second, Ocarina of time was the turning point of the whole series. Look at the timeline: there are three paths that branch off from the game, leading to the other games.
Finally, this game simply had a great plot, which combined into the gameplay to make a great game.

You don't have to like it, but we do, so don't be hatin'!

It set the standards of what many 3D games would become. It had a great story, great music, and I believe this the game that truly made Zelda... well Zelda.

The reason is:
1. it was before games were really good.
2. it WAS original for its time
3. it brought a new style of games
4. it was a good game with a solid storyline and good gameplay for its time.

Part of the reason some people don't like it is because everyone says 'ITS SO GOOOD!' and then they go into the game trying NOT to like it. it has to be a good game if so many people like it. You just didn't give it a chance

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuChuOfTime

Fish. Citizen of Foo
I've played almost all the Zelda games and OoT is still in my top 3. It didn't need to be hard or confusing just fun.

G

GandalfDaGreat

As the first 3D Zelda game, it was able to cover a lot of new ground in the series. I never played it as a kid, but I am currently playing the original on an emulator. I try to let the flaws in the graphics go by, andjust take pleasure in the experience. The music, the beautiful (if low-res) environments, and the engrossing story all lead to a good game.

Nostalgia goggles. We all wear them from time to time. Even I look back on Ocarina of Time wearing mine sometimes. I played OoT3D when it was released though, and had a blast with it, though this time mainly because of old-school gaming fun times (that and it's nice to have a 3D Zelda game to stick in your pocket and take with you after all this time).

I agree it's a cool game and it was groundbreaking for its time, but looking back, I think SS might be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom