• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U I Dislike the Faster Text Speed

It might help to learn how to read without subvocalizing the text. It sort of like coming up on a stop sign, in that you don't have to say the word "Stop" in your head to know what the sign says.

Then again one might argue that you simply know what the sign is, because of its shape and color, however that's not the point.

Well, there's no real voice acting in Zelda anyway... so you can sort of create it yourself haha.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
honestly i prefer the quicker text speeds, majority of the time i don't read what the characters are saying since i've already read most of it.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Slow text speed is a reasonable complaint because if you've beaten the game before or are speedrunning text is VERY annoying.

Fast text speed shouldn't be a complaint because as long as you know what they are saying you're good. At least imo.

Exactly. I could understand the problem if the text is too slow; it can get frustrating having to wait when you read faster than the words appear. However, complaining about it coming too quickly seems a little nitpicky to me. The speed of which text appears on screen shouldn't really affect how you read them--it's not as if the text disappears as soon as it's all on screen. As long as you don't mash the A button, I can't see how you're missing anything.

Fig

The Altruist
I'm not even sure why people complain about slow text speed or fast text speed... It's text speed. The rate at which letters appear in the dialogue box on your screen should not affect the quality of the game or the quality of your experience. I do see where you're coming from, but to me, it just doesn't matter. To me, worrying about the text speed would be like worrying about the text color or font. It's just not important. I really don't care if the text speed is faster than in the original. I wouldn't have cared if they'd made it slower. And naturally, I wouldn't have cared if they kept it the same speed. But, that's just how I feel about it.

^This pretty much sums it up for my opinion. I guess its mixed. Some fans like the increase text speed, some prefer the original. It's all a matter of preference, but even then, text speed shouldn't hinder/increase the experience of the game. Even with an increased text speed, you can just easily just read at your speed and then hit the A button. Nothing hard to do right? :P I personally enjoy the increase text speed as it really made me feel the everything was just updated but still the same game and experience 10 years ago!!! X3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom